Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/29/2006 8:58:09 AM EDT
I'm Having a hard time deciding on which one to buy. I'm looking for pro's and con's on both.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:07:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd like to know too.

I'm eyeing the Tripower for my next setup.  I have plenty of Aimpoints and an Eotech but want to try something different in 1X.  I have a TA31, TA31F, and TA47-2, so getting something with backup battery power would be neat.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm Having a hard time deciding on which one to buy. I'm looking for pro's and con's on both.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tell ya what, since you're researching both optics, it would make sense for you to come up with a list of pros and cons based upon your needs. Seriously, this is something I do when I'm trying to pick between 2 pieces of gear. I do it all the time. Whether or not a particular feature on a piece of gear is a positive or negative can be subjective. For example, the Aimpoints have significantly longer battery longer than EO Tech but to some folks, this just doesn't matter so the "con" of the EO Tech shorter battery life is unimportant.

So go do some homework, come back and share your list! You will not be graded on it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:11:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Think EMP, then decide.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Think EMP, then decide.

I'd be more woried about the mushroom cloud it came from

Of the 2, I'd say Aimpoint, but the Tri-Power souns interesting.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:24:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Same question I posed to myself the past year and half.  I ended up with an Aimpoint only because I found a killer deal.  I still would like to get  a Tripower and see it if works for me.

Sarge
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:36:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Both may be good optics. But I think the jury is still out on the TriPower. The Aimpoint on the other hand has a sterling record and lacks the issues the TriPower has had.

You'll probably be happy either way.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:49:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I own both an M2 and a TX30, and I like the Tripower more.  I also have an older model, and I think the improvements they've made in the 3rd gen Tripower put it over the top.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top