Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/12/2006 2:44:30 PM EDT
I was curious whether there is an  ML3 mount that adapts to both flat top picatinny-rail recievers as well as A2 carrying handles? if not, can someone suggest a good carrying handle mount that allows co-witness with the iron sights?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:24:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Aimpoint makes the M68 package which is used by the military that consists of:
Carry handle mount (gooseneck)
QRP mount
QRP spacer

This allows the issued operator to mount the Aimpoint on either a flat top (using the QRP and the spacer) or an A2 (gooseneck and QRP w/o spacer).

There are also numerous other manufacturers, ARMS for one, that make lots of other mounts that will also do about the same thing.  I currently have an ARMS 39 mount on my A2 with a QRP and my CompM.

If you are looking to mount the Aimpoint on top of the carry handle with the same mount used on the flat top then there will be a problem.  A flat top mount is taller (to clear the front sight base) and if that mount is used on top of the carry handle it will be extremely high and difficult to use.  

Hope this helps.

Sarge
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top