Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2003 10:36:52 AM EDT
Does someone have advice on this?

I recently purchase an Aimpoint m2, on an a4 flattop. I am right-handed, so I mounted for this on an a.r.m.s mount. The problem is that the lens covers flip up and to the left, so there a visual block to the left eye to what would be the center out. Since this is a both-eyes solution, what are people doing?

I can't seem to twist the lens covers to go to the right/lower (best area) easily. And since it is a new (and first) aimpoint I don't want to mess with it without some advice.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:03:24 AM EDT
[#1]
The covers are coming up and to the left.  Are you sure the optic is mounted correct and not turned a little more on one side?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:06:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmm.  I just bought a used Aimpoint, and it didn't come with lens covers.  I just went and got some Butler Creek flip-open covers, and mounted them to open straight up.  What's the proper way for Aimpoint lens covers to be oriented?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:12:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, it's mounted to spec on the instructions. Red dot adjustment and scope changes are on the right for quick changes.

That's why I ask, it's odd that the caps go to the left and up. If I turned it more to the left they would be in direct blockage of the left eye...
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#4]
For the flat-top ya should rotate them to the 6 o'clock position, that way they will both lay flat on the pictinny rail in back and on your front HG in front. Then they'll be outta the way.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:20:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Is there a special tool or procedure? By trying to hand twist them, they would not give - so I am worried they may be threaded or glued...

Sounds like a silly question, but I am not interested in breaking this thing until I get some use out of it. ;8-)
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:27:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is there a special tool or procedure? By trying to hand twist them, they would not give - so I am worried they may be threaded or glued...

Sounds like a silly question, but I am not interested in breaking this thing until I get some use out of it. ;8-)
View Quote

Just grabbed 'em and rotated them, hold the sight if it's mounted, but I'm not aware of any glue..... probably just tight.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 1:11:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Pull them straight off instead of twisting them.  They are extremly tight the first few times you take them off.

Scott
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:24:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I just twisted the covers on my two M2's into place, after much frustration and a few choice words.

Chris
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:42:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Yep.  Just twisted mine.  Them little buggars are VERY VERY tight though.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:42:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I wondered the same thing about mine a while back, as the hinges are at about the 10 o'clock position when viewed from the rear. I tried to gently turn mine and they would not budge. I guess from the posts above that a little more elbow grease is all that is needed.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#11]
As Mr.Hall states push them off, do not twist them.Per:Aimpoint inst.Ensure cap is closed (to prevent damage to the hinge) place thumb behind the hinge forefinger at the bottom of the cap and PUSH!(peal)cap off.If this description does
not work (it did for me)you can call Aimpoint
USA 1-870-423-3398
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:19:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks all. That worked. Factory tightness, loosened up with more effort without fear of "snaping" something. Dial'd in.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:32:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Down is mucho mas bueno:

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=11432[/img]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top