Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/26/2009 1:16:10 PM EDT
It seems most members like the lower 1/3 cowitness on their aimpoints. For those of us who like the dot sitting on top of the front sight, are there any mounts other than the Aimpoint QRP/spacer and the Bobro 150 that accomplish that?
Does GG&G or LaRue have the absolute co witness mounts?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#1]
ARMS 22M68 with the full riser is pretty close
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 5:40:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Thanks. Are you using this particular mount, and if so, any complaints?
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 6:29:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 6:42:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Where do the two LaRue mounts for the M2/M3 put the front sight in relation to the dot? I know one mount sits lower than the other...
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 7:11:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Where do the two LaRue mounts for the M2/M3 put the front sight in relation to the dot? I know one mount sits lower than the other...

The LT-150 will give you a lower 1/3 cowitness (not absolute).  The LT152 (lower mount) is designed for the RAS II system and puts the dot far too low for use on a standard flat-top AR.

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:27:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. Are you using this particular mount, and if so, any complaints?

Yes, I'm using it with no complaints.  I actually used the iron sights to pre-set the Aimoint before going to the range, and only needed a few shots to dial it in from there.  Once done, the top of the dot is even with the top of the front post.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top