Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2003 6:48:00 PM EDT
I am considering getting both an Aimpoint and a night vision monocle within the next couple of weeks.  My question is, if I want to use the Aimpoint with the monocle, will I have to get the M2 version of the Aimpoint?  Or will the ML2 do the job?

Also, when the night vision is not in use, are there any noticeable differences between the M2 and the ML2 in terms of default brightness, size, etc. of the dot?  Or basically, is there any reason why the ML2 would be a better buy than the M2 for my purposes?

Any info/suggestions would be great.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 8:29:58 PM EDT
[#1]
You will definitely want the M2 if you get a night vision device.  The lowest setting on the ML2 will be too bright, and over time can damage the light-intensifying components of the NVD.  (Think about the amount that device has to magnify starlight to make it seem like daylight!)

Other than the extremely-low power settings on the M2, the ML2 is exactly the same.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 10:06:54 PM EDT
[#2]
So during the day, with night vision not in use, is the M2 as bright as the ML2?  Or is there a noticeable difference in brightness during the day between the two?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:13:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top