Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2003 12:04:28 PM EDT
I am about to purchase the Aimpoint® ML2 for the model rifle shown in the picture.
Am I leaving anything out with the setup that I've chosen, and will it matter if I have the M4 handguards? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 1:24:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't bother with the old oversize M4 hand guards, and you have chosen everything you need for a good set up.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 3:57:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there a new M4 handguard, other than the ARMS and KAC products?
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#3]
When I bought my M4 upper from Bushmaster®, it had the optional M4 handguards for $20 so I said what the hell and bought them since I already had an extra set of standard guards.
check it out. [url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/handguards/1005-914-4573.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 4:36:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I put a similar setup together recently.  A2 carry handle with M4 handguards.  I used the ARMS #22M68 with an Aimpoint Comp ML2.  I was told that the best carry handle mount was the PRI High-rider carry handle mount.  It works great.  Most of the other carry handles will not fit with the M4 handguards.

[url]http://www.pri-mounts.com/catalog/m16___ar15_mounts_261641_products.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 5:54:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I have this exact setup with exception of the M4 handguards. Eveything will fall into place nicely, and it will co-witness perfectly...
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:07:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't think the ARMS 39 will work with M4 handguards. You need the PRI carry handle mount.

Another alternative is to purchase a new SIR 51, which is basically the SIR in the form of an ARMS 39 bi-level rail mount. It attaches to the carry handle in the same manner. You can then use your ARMS throw lever mount for the Aimpoint and attach a flashlight, sling holder, etc.

Oh, I hope you got a 16" M4 upper without that f#$%ing brake. You're going to hurt your ears!

Take care
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Oh, I hope you got a 16" M4 upper without that f#$%ing brake. You're going to hurt your ears!
View Quote

haha, it does have the brake and yes it's a loud mo-fo.  I can shoot my 20" with just foam plugs but you need everything you can get on your ears with an M4 with brake.  Guess I'll slap my standard handguards back on it. Damn, and I just installed a foregrip on them. [banghead] Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:02:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone have a pic of this setup installed?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:08:53 PM EDT
[#9]
You can leave the large oversize M4 handguard on the bottom, and put the smaller std. one on the top. You also end up with a better grip on it with about the 1/6" ridge you get running downd each side.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:17:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Thats the same setup Im going to put on my A1 rig. It the best fixed mount I think.
GG
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:30:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Jack: I never knew you could do that. That's pretty cool.

blueshockey: 1st, are you from St. Louis? Boy, did they suck it up hard again this season. There's no excuse for their play off performance. They gave the whole series away when they were up 3-1 for peeps sake.

Oh, and uh, you can have a good gun smith replace that brake with one from KKF. They make them long enough to fulfill the 16" BATF [i]S.S.[/i] requirement. [(:)]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:35:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Acutally a N.C. native but just a blues fan, esp. Al Macinnis. Yeah, something like 23 years of consecutive playoffs, longest than any other professional sports team and nothing to show for it. Thanks for the brake info. [50]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top