Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/29/2003 3:26:53 PM EDT
I need to know if the Aimpoint "dot" when mounted on a Bushmaster A3 Flattop will be in line with the front sight and the ARMS #40 A2 Detach. sight.

The aimpoint will be mounted on that 22M68 with the 45 degree extension thingy which will be mounted on the flat top.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:02:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Chris, this is called cowitnessing, and the products you described will do it properly.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:07:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep!  Sitting pretty!  Your good to go! With the products you chose, Very good to go[:D]
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:53:33 PM EDT
[#3]
are you in Central Ct?  where do you shoot...
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#4]
yep...I am in Waterbury. I shoot at Blue Trail in Wallingford most of the time. I also use this small range in the hills of Naugatuck....high rock (I think).

I am trying to get into a club at the moment.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 2:54:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Update on decision making.......

I am looking into a Aimpoint Comp M, ARMS #22M68 w/ Extension, ARMS # 40 Flip Up.

But I read somewhere that the front sight post must be changed to a higher post. Is this true?

Bushmaster states that the front should be .040 higher due to the flat-top. They say it in their catalog and on their web site at

[url]www.bushmaster.com/shopping/scopes/arms40.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 8:20:31 AM EDT
[#6]
if you have an A3 removable flattop from bushmaster i'm pretty sure the taller front site post is already installed due to the rear site sitting higher from the removable handle.  you shouldn't need a taller from post :)
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 2:18:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Works just fine for me.  Raised the front sight a bit, but it was still usable from the factory:

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=24926&iGalleryUnq=235&iImageUnq=12668[/img]
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 9:50:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I have been considering either the GG&G cantilever mount with a flip-up BUIS or the #38 system with a 22M68.  I haven't seen that diagonal spacer for the 22M68 before and its not on the ARMS website...where do I get one and what does it cost?  It Looks like it basically accomplishes the same thing as the GG&G cantilever mount but more versatile and probably less expensive.  Is this the case?  
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 9:58:41 AM EDT
[#9]
You can get the ARMS Cantilever Spacer from Wes at [url=www.mstn.biz]MSTN.biz[/url] and, IIRC, it runs $30.00.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top