Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 4:14:59 PM EDT
Where do you start - battery/switch tube, front, back - wtf??
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Read the instructions
Its in the little laminated Aimpoint manual.  Section 2.1.3 page 6
Title is "Installing the rubber cover on compM3 and ML3."
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Instructions? Instructions? Don need no stinken instructions!
Actually, From what I see on this forum, we must be among the very few that actually put the cover on.  I just kind of figured it out.  Took the two lens covers off, slipped the back part over the scope, pulled and stretched the front part into place, kind of massaged everything into place, put the lens covers back in place and, ta-da, I was done.
But, as the old saying goes, "When all else fails, read the instructions".
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Uh huh huh....

Yea I don't have any instructions, I bought it for a CompC I have. But after reading Big-FED's words of encouragement I just yanked it on. I was afraid of breaking the thin part on the bottom/front but it is stretchy enough. Thanks and -

Merry Christmas!!  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I was supposed to take the lens covers off?

Seriously, mine fit on fairly well without removing the lens covers (my front lens cover is a BITCH to turn anyway). It's on there nice and snug. I just had to remove the windage/elevation/battery cover strap/band thingie. Is anybody else's cover strap REALLY snug when fit over their rubber slip on cover? And what's the deal with the empty space in the extra protrusions at the 3 and 9 o'clock sides of the cover? The one at 12 o'clock is taken up by the Aimpoint body, but the other ones are empty.

My only complaint is that my cover is a much lighter shade of gray than the Aimpoint or my AR15. Do you think it could be dyed like people do carbon fiber stocks?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:37:15 PM EDT
[#5]
On my AimPoint, the 3/9 positions are filled with the "wings" where the A.R.M.S 22M68 ring screws go.  The space at 12 is for another makers mount that uses a vertical split ring and the screws are at the 12/6 position.  They did their homework when they designed it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:01:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I got mine on is less than 5 min. no instructions needed

I got the dark earth brown, it matches the Magpul XT Coyote panels 99% (the panels are dirty)
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top