Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/20/2003 11:10:11 AM EDT
Thinking about replacing a ReflexII with an
Aimpoint.

Would like some coments from aimpoint users.

Carbine, Bushmaster XM15, 16" Flatop with Swan sleve.  CQB.

Also like advice on mounting, whats best.

I'm not to happy with the Reflex. but dont
have or cant remember shooting the Aimpoint.

Thanks
                WEB
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:16:58 PM EDT
[#1]
ARMS, item #22M68, w/ no spacer, will co-witness the Comp M, or Comp M2 (ML/ML2 also) w/ your "b.u.i.s.".

The 22M68 w/ the newer "cantilever" spacer will co-witness w/o a SWAN Sleave.  And will place the optic out front in its most desirable (by many) position.

The SWAN Sleave w/ the 1/2, full, or new "CL" spacer will mount the optic too high to co-witness w/ your SWAN Sleave, usable, but won't co-witness.

To use the 22M68 mt. and a SWAN Sleave, and mount the sight out front you'll need the ARMS item #'s 38S, or 38S-EX.

38S=slightly longer than the flattop (8.46" OA)
38S-EX=to the front sight assy. (w/ non-M4 handguards only, too low)(14"OA)

Can't speak intelligently on the GGG or Knights mt's, so I didn't at all, but they are options that are liked, just not by me.

The M2 and M are nice sights.  I own both the M2 and the older M.  I like the M more, I'm used to it and its slightly smaller.  But, the M2 has CET tech. that reportedly allows the sight run for "10K" hours(?, unproven in my book)  But both scopes are excellent scopes.

BTW I also own the Reflex 1, and have often had problems w/ the dot washing out on very bright days or indoors w/ the muzzle covering bright walls and/or my Surefires (6v/9v) on.  So I replaced mine.  Still have my Reflex on a "fun-gun" suitable for range time.

Feel Free to EM.

Hope this helps, LOLk, SUL2.

ed. for sp.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Sula pretty much summed it up. ARMS #22M68 is your best option with the SWAM sleeve.  this will be the most cost effective and best option for your setup.

GG&G and KAC makes some of the best mount, it rank right up there with ARMS.  

You will love the improvement you will gain by switch to the Aimpoint.  Good choice.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:45:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Would like some coments from aimpoint users.

Carbine, Bushmaster XM15, 16" Flatop with Swan sleve.  CQB.
View Quote

Here you go. Flat top carbine, ARMS#38ex Swan Sleeve, ARMS#22M68, and Aimpoint CompM-XD.

This is about as sturdy as it gets. This is the only AR I have built that hasn't been disassembled and reconfigured multiple times. It's perfect.

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid52/p7d940b6d7831dfa9eb5119f668be61a8/fc99c46d.jpg[/img]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top