Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/14/2003 6:08:33 PM EDT
I am in need of assistance comparing the following Aimpoint models: CompM-XD (10148 - 3MOA) vs. CompM2 (10336 - 4 MOA).

Which is better?
Why?
Which one of the two would you buy?

Is Aimpoint's use of 'MOA' (as in 3 MOA vs 4 MOA) equate to 'Minute of Accuracy' and if so, does that mean the 3 MOA is a better scope than the 4 MOA?

HELP!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:25:30 PM EDT
[#1]
The "2" series of Aimpoint Comps are the current production models of these sights, as in Comp M[b]2[/b] (night vision compatible model) and ML[b]2[/b].

The biggest difference between the older M and ML and the current M2 and ML2 is the extended battery life of the "2" series, which is now from 1,000 to 10,000 hours, depending on intensity setting.

Here's the specifications on the M2, from Aimpoint's website:

[url]www.aimpoint.com/products/compm2/speccompm2.htm[/url]

There are other improvements that I'm sure will be pointed out shortly.

Chris
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:25:25 AM EDT
[#2]

"MOA" refers to Minutes Of Angle....which relates to the variance in inches at 100 yards.  With a 4 MOA Aimpoint, at 100 yards the red dot would obscure a 4 inch circle on your target.  In other words....the bigger the MOA, the bigger the dot.  A smaller dot (MOA) is good for shooting long distances and a larger dot (MOA) is good for up-close, CQB range shooting.

Hope this helps........

Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:29:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you both for your help. Sounds like they are about the same as far as qualities go, with the upper hand going to the M2 simply based on battery life.

I meant to put 'Minute of Angle', but was thinking how MOA related to the 'accuracy' of the scope and guess I had one of those darned ol Freudian slips.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top