Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2009 10:46:51 AM EST
Probably a dumb question on my part but I wanted to see which mount y'all thought was better.

ML3- 2 moa

Micro H1- 4 moa.

Both will have larue mounts and both will be about the same price with mounts included (friend deal) I know the Micro is more expensive so you would think the quality is better unless you are just paying for the compact and lighter weight. Again, I am interested in hear your feedback/experience with these models.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:26:47 AM EST
I had an ML3 that I sold to get the Aimpoint Micro (T1 model)

The Micro is on my shotgun, but even for a rifle you are getting much less weight, and a more streamlined optic.

I would personally recommend the Micro, not that the ML3 is bad, it was an AWESOME optic, but the Micro is just a perfect optic!

Compact, light, no bulges to snag on stuff, KISS (no flip caps, no screw in filters, no fancy stuff), and built like a TANK!
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:12:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/2/2009 12:14:27 PM EST by benellishooter]
I had a T1 I sold for the M3. The M3 is more forgiving in cheek weld due to the larger apperture. I like the 2MOA dot better than the 4MOA T1. I like the M3 scope caps better than the removable cover with the T1. They are both reliable and have crazy long battery life.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:18:20 PM EST
Originally Posted By benellishooter:
I had a T1 I sold for the M3. The M3 is more forgiving in cheek weld due to the larger apperture. I like the 2MOA dot better than the 4MOA T1. I like the M3 scope caps better than the removable cover with the T1. They are both reliable and have crazy long battery life.

This is true. On my Benelli M4, I have a good cheek wield, so its not much of an issue (why I got the T1 instead) and if you want the 2moa dot, the ML3 has advantages as well, especially if you want to use a magnifier.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:06:51 PM EST
I also sold a T-1 in favor of a ML3. In my case, it was more of a perceived 'toughness' of the ML3. I don't KNOW this is the case, but it feels tougher to me. Also in the mix was the lens covers and the rubber skin. But best of all was a better cowitness with my BUIS that the larger diamater offerred. I loved my T-1 when I had it, and it was beautifully lightweight, but I love my ML3 just as much.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:17:53 PM EST
I was recently debating almost the same optics (M3 vs T1). I decided to go with the M3 because of hte 2MOA option and larger tube. The optic is going on a 16in midlenght. However if it was going on a SBR or lightweight build than I would most likely go for the T1.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:57:30 PM EST
Damn, I find myself with the exact same decision and can't make up my mind. M3 or T-1....Was leaning towards the micro but am not sure if I will like the 4 MOA at 100 yds .
Top Top