Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/26/2005 6:00:29 PM EDT
I have an ARMS #38-EX-MOD running the lenght of my rifle (i.e. attached to the KAC RAS).

Up top, I have an Aimpoint in...hell, just look at the picture, that will save the explanation...

Anyway, is there any 3x mount that will allow me to use the Aimpoint and still co-witness with the FSP?  IIRC, all 3x mounts are to be used with a higher mount like the 22M68 with the spacer.  Are there any lower 3x mounts that would still allow me to use my #38 rail?

Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:10:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess I don't see your dilemma. You have a couple of options.

Larue makes a low Aimpoint mount that will hold the Aimpoint Magnifier. It will work with your current set-up.  

Other than that, why not just get rid of the #38? I used to have one myself but got rid of it. Except for mount a magnified optic (in my case a Leupy 3.5x10x40 w/ARMS rings), it ended up being pretty much useless and added unneeded weight.

With a seperate BUIS and cantilever mount (or in your case just the spacer), you'd get the Aimpoint out front, allow you to use the Samson flip mount and you'll have co-witness as well.

BTW, do I see a RAS sling mount AND a FSB sling mount on there?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:42:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Or, just get the low Samson flip mount.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:30:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

BTW, do I see a RAS sling mount AND a FSB sling mount on there?

LOL, yeah, you do.  Configs are changing right now.  Ditching the RAS mount and keepin' the GG&G Sling Thing.  Just kept the KAC mount there because I had a short rail, and the mount, and decided to use both.  

As far as ditching the 38, yeah, might do it when I get a 3x.  Or, I might  just pick up another Aimpoint for another build, and go that route.  I dunno...

Anyway, thanks for the help.  

BTW, what is the Sampson? Don't think I've ever heard of that one.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:46:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Why are you even complicating your life seeking a 3X option for a carbine in the first place?

That looks like a 11.5 barrel with long flash hider, and after making a system design decision like that, why are you now trying to add longer range sighting capabilities?  Why not build a long range dedicated upper?

Paladin
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:35:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Why are you even complicating your life seeking a 3X option for a carbine in the first place?

My 3X is on my 16" mid-length because I like having a little magnification on call if I should need or want it. It's not like it's a precision optic.

That looks like a 11.5 barrel with long flash hider
Actually, based upon the bbl contour after the flash suppressor, I'm guessing thats an M4 style bbl with a slip-over 5.5" flash suppressor.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My 3X is on my 16" mid-length because I like having a little magnification on call if I should need or want it. It's not like it's a precision optic.

That looks like a 11.5 barrel with long flash hider
Actually, based upon the bbl contour after the flash suppressor, I'm guessing thats an M4 style bbl with a slip-over 5.5" flash suppressor.

Indeed, that is a 14.5" barrel w/ fixed slipover FH.  Ain't nothing wrong w/ getting 3x magnification on a carbine; look at ACOGs...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top