Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2004 6:10:50 PM EST
I just spent the past hour comparing my M2 with a brand new ML2 while looking through a PVS 14 and ya know what... the ML2 WILL work with NV. I never tried it because everyone had always said the ML2 will bloom out in the NVD.

Well ya know what it doesn't. In fact the ML2 is only slightly brighter than the M2 on the third click and to my eye looks the same as the M2 on the bottom two (the important two for NV work) clicks. SO has anyone else had anything even close to a similar experience?

IPSC_GUY
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:12:45 PM EST
I heard it burns up the NVD.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:16:02 PM EST
Nope did not even leave a mark in the tube. I am telling you this thing looks the same as the M2 does on the first two settings. Hell I changed out the battery thinking it was weak or somehting. I am stumped

IPSC_GUY
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:09:29 PM EST
I have nothing useful to add, so I'm just gonna say that I wish I had some night vision.

Oh wait, I do have something useful to add: I believe Duffy started a thread a few months back stating that his ML2 did cause a burn in. I searched, but couldn't find it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:09:27 PM EST
I suppose if you really had to use the ML2/PVS14 combo in an emergency, it wouldn't hurt.

I would suspect prolonged use would eventually burn the tube if you have the PVS14 mounted behind the ML2. Safe bet is to move the PVS14 to the front of the ML2.

Now if you could find a PAQ-4C or PEQ-2 and head mount your PVS14, no more problem.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:03:01 AM EST
I've used a 14D and an ML2

The first "brightness click" on my ML2 is not even bright enough to be seen with the human eye (this is with a new battery) Through the NVD it is not all that much (if at all) brighter than some stars in the sky.

I have difficulty understanding how it could cause pixel burn... at least on a 14D

... compare it to muzzle flash or car headlights (I've had these kick in the brightness controll more than once)
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:36:03 AM EST

Originally Posted By Sub-MOA:
I've used a 14D and an ML2

The first "brightness click" on my ML2 is not even bright enough to be seen with the human eye (this is with a new battery) Through the NVD it is not all that much (if at all) brighter than some stars in the sky.

I have difficulty understanding how it could cause pixel burn... at least on a 14D

... compare it to muzzle flash or car headlights (I've had these kick in the brightness controll more than once)

This is exactly what I observed last night... Hummmm spending all this extra cash on an M2 suddenly seems like a small waste.

IPSC_GUY
Top Top