Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 5:38:53 PM EDT
Trying to decide between the Aimpoint M4s with 3x mag and the TA31DOC for my Bushmaster AR-15 16". Obviously, I'm looking for the flexibility these two setups have to offer. I understand that I have more range with the Trijicon, but how much usuable range will I have with the Aimpoint with the 3X? Which one would you choose and why?

Also, anyone know anything about the Horus Vision Talon? Why can't I find anything on this optic?

I'm ready to buy so any advice would be greatly appreciated
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#1]
intended use?  distances to be shot at?

your range won't be any different...thats determined by the gun not the optic
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:01:51 PM EDT
[#2]
CQ up to 300 yards. I'm trying to come as close as possible to the best of both worlds. I appreciate any input.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
CQ up to 300 yards. I'm trying to come as close as possible to the best of both worlds. I appreciate any input.

I'd go with the aimpoint setup.  for CQ and close in shots you've got the 1x, and if you wanted to you can still shoot at 300yds with the 1x without to much difficulty.  You can add the 3x at a later date if you choose to and will help for shots out to 300 and further even depending on your eyes.

The aimpoint shines for CQB and shots under 100yds, adding in the 3x extends the range.  The only disadvantage of the 3x setup is that you have a narrower FOV as opposed to the Acog.

The Acog would work well too, there's no questioning that, but if you're going to be doing a lot of shooting close in (100yds and less) the aimpoint and 3x IMO would probably work better.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:16:08 AM EDT
[#4]
That's the way I was leaning, but it's always good to get feedback. Many thanks.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top