Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/9/2005 11:14:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/9/2005 12:22:02 PM EDT by O_DubhGhaill]
Anyone have any experience with this IR laser aiming system? I am interested in mounting it to an Aimpoint CompM2 that is mounted in a KAC cantilever and would like to know what mounting solution is appropriate and available. Many thanks in advance.

O'DubhGhaill, out.

Edited to add that I believe the correct ring for use with the KAC would be the LPI-Q, unless anyone knows differently...?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:26:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:15:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/10/2005 5:37:19 PM EDT by O_DubhGhaill]

Originally Posted By C4iGrant:

Originally Posted By O_DubhGhaill:
Anyone have any experience with this IR laser aiming system? I am interested in mounting it to an Aimpoint CompM2 that is mounted in a KAC cantilever and would like to know what mounting solution is appropriate and available. Many thanks in advance.

O'DubhGhaill, out.

Edited to add that I believe the correct ring for use with the KAC would be the LPI-Q, unless anyone knows differently...?

Thanks for your response C4iGrant.

That IR laser is for LE/Military only
I am aware of this.

and mount it on the Aimpoint would be a horrible place.
Possibly not appropriate, but have you any experience with the LPI mounted on the Aimpoint?

You always want laser as close to the bore as possible. Typically the best position is at the 12 o'clock postion on a FF rail system.
That is where I have used them in the past, but I am curious about Aimpoint's featuring the LPI mounted on the CompM2. I do see that a regular picattiny mount is available -- is that what is in use in the picture you posted?

O'DubhGhaill, out.
Top Top