Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/9/2004 7:41:45 PM EDT
I  just ordered one of these for my Aimpoint,has anyone here used one of these before?
If so, how do you likem?

TG
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:49:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Their OK, they cut the light entering the scope down some what. Put it on and see if you like it, if you shoot outdoors a lot you will but if you shoot in doors you may not.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:04:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm pleased with mine. I've yet to have a problem with it indoors or not.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:11:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't like it. Anyone want to buy mine?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:41:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't like them, they are a great idea for magnified optics but one of the worst ideas ever for non-magnified optics.

When the optic is magnified you don't see the honeycomb.  On the aimpoint if you look through even perfectly front to rear, you will be bothered by crap in your FOV.  If it blocked the lense any worse it would turn the aimoint into a Armson OEG.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:59:22 PM EDT
[#5]
we have them on the m2's at my unit.... it is anoying at first but after a while you don't even remember seeing it...

personally for mine i see no need... but if flash is really an issue i'm going to use one...

do many of you think the flash the aimpoint gives off warrents a kill flash?  

How much light does your aimpoint give off toward the target?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:43:58 AM EDT
[#6]
They're to prevent light from reflecting back at your target and revealing your position, right? Useless for CQB and short distance engagements, no?

Anyone?

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#7]

MACHINE,  that the way I see it,  it not a issue under normal  circumstances.
But, in a combat situation, Im  thinking the colored lense with  give away my position.
Dont know if  thats a prroblem,considering my Aimpoint has flip-ups.

With a kill flash, proably dont need front flip up?

TG
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:42:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Flip covers keep dirt out.
Killflash keeps you undetected (until you engage).
You need both.

The killflash reduces the light entering the optic slightly. It works OK in low light. Don't have NODs so I've never tested it in star light/full-on darkness. The guys I know who have been in night engagements (training) didn't report having any trouble with the killflash.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:38:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I  did a search on  the google search engin, read where  these kill flash really work great &  dont block  your view.
Also  found this link, I  think im going to like having this added feature.
http://www.camouflage.com/kf_tech_expl.html

Also sent off for a tilt forward mount.:cool:

TG
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top