Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/30/2003 8:56:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#1]
The answer would be Picatinny.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 10:20:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I've played around with all of the available combinations out there and found the GG&G Aimpoint mount to work the best for proper dot location and my taste for where the front sight post sits in the FOV window.

Personaly I like the dot on top of the front sight post, and I like the dot to be almost perfectly centered in the FOV window. The Aimpoint QD mount puts the dot in the upper 1/3 of the FOV window. If you use the M4 spacer it changes that to the lower 1/3 of the FOV window. That would be my preference if I had to settle for something less. If you use the newest Aimpoint QD mount then your stuck with the lower 1/3 FOV location because theres no longer a spacer required.

The problem with using the GG&G ring is you must mill a cross bolt slot in the forward carry handle base if you want to use the M68 flip up covers as designed. The added benefit is you get a spare battery compartment right on the 30 mm ring.

The ARMS QD ring works well too but still puts the dot relative to where the Aimpoint ring does.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 2:32:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top