Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2004 7:23:23 AM EST
How does the Aimpoint compare to Eotech for field of view? Do you keep both eyes open using the Aimpoint like Eotech?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:37:09 AM EST
I keep both eyes open with Aimpoint. I'm sure you will hear arguments for both products. I have both and prefer the Aimpoint----others prefer Eotech. See if you can get together with someone who owns these sights and see what you like. Both are good sights! Good luck!

Thin
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:49:24 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/16/2004 7:50:44 AM EST by bigkracka]
I just got an eotech and am considering buying an Aimpoint for my other AR. The reason I went with eotech is the field of view and I can keep both eyes open. I don't like traditional scopes. I'm wondering how much difference there is between the two.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:46:12 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/16/2004 10:43:36 AM EST by ipsilateral_7]

Originally Posted By bigkracka:
I just got an eotech and am considering buying an Aimpoint for my other AR. The reason I went with eotech is the field of view and I can keep both eyes open. I don't like traditional scopes. I'm wondering how much difference there is between the two.

YMMV, but I'm one of those guys that has a hard time not closing my non dominat eye when shooting due to the way I got learned to shoot as a kid, I've been working on that issue with my glock for the past 9 months and still have problems not reverting back to 1 eye sighting. But with my aimpoint, it feels natural to leave both eyes open & I don't have any f.o.v. issues, I rather like the AP.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:57:04 AM EST
With both eyes open the FOV is very good. I don't have any problems with it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:41:53 PM EST
Got an Aimpoint myself. Using two eyes open is a non issue.
Top Top