Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 1:14:39 PM EDT
I was at the store today (where I think they are getting tired of me) and was looking through an ML2, and an EOtech.  Unfortunatly they wern't mounted to a weapon, so it was difficult to tell, but when I looked through the EO and kept my eyes open, I could focus on the target and have the reticle float around my field of view. When I tried this with the aimpoint, I was having trouble keeping the dot in my field of view, with both eyes open, as I looked around the room.  

So, the question is, can an Aimpoint work like an EO in that the reticle floats in your field of vison while not consciously looking through the tube and staying focused on the target?

...Why cant they make an EOtech optic in an Aimpoint type tube? I cant get over the wonky look of the EOtech on top of my A2 handle : (

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:24:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:09:09 PM EDT
[#2]
So it should be fairly easy to keep my eyes open and use the Aimpoint? This would be cool since they have a used ML2 for $175.

I plan on going back w/my rifle to test both out before making a choice.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:45:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:So it should be fairly easy to keep my eyes open and use the Aimpoint?

Thats the way you SHOULD use an Aimpoint.

+1
This a very strong PLUS +1. I've tried the Ecothingy many times and it just does flat not work for me. All I can say is try and find someone with both and give them a try. For me, Aimpoint reigns. Both sights are good (YMMV).
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I noticed the same thing when I used an Eotech.  I think because I am right-handed/left-eye dominant I can't take full advantage of the Aimpoint.  It still works fine for me, but the Eotech just disappears and all I see is the reticle.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:38:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok, thats alot guys.

You think that 175 for a first gen aimpoint (red looking lense) is a good deal? Whats different about it?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top