Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2003 6:05:46 PM EDT
OK, I'm really excited because I finally got the money for an AimpointML2 and have two questions.
1. What is a "kill-flash" and should I get it.
2. Where's the best place to order from. price being important, but service is a really big plus?
OK, that's really 3 questions but any help would be appreciated
BASE-RIGGER
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
OK, I'm really excited because I finally got the money for an AimpointML2 and have two questions.
1. What is a "kill-flash" and should I get it.
2. Where's the best place to order from. price being important, but service is a really big plus?
OK, that's really 3 questions but any help would be appreciated
BASE-RIGGER
View Quote

The kill flash eliminates the reflection of the glass downrange in a combat/tactical situation.

For ordering I highly recommend
[url]www.SWFA.com[/url]
or
[url]www.MSTN.biz[/url]

Great folks to do business with. Excellent service and turn around time. I get my orders in
no more than 2 business days from these guys.

Edited to add: Before you worry about an ARD(kill flash) it's important to look at mounting solutions. I assume this is for an A3 flattop? The Aimpoint QRP rail grabber is an excellent,rugged, no loss of zero, SOPMOD issue item. ARMS(#22 M68 w/Cantilever Spacer), GG&G(Cantilever Mount), Knights Armament Co(Cantilever mount) make equally great mounting products. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Also it's very important to get a BUIS(back up Iron Sight). Look no further than the ARMS #40 for great cowitnessing.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I got mine at MSTN
[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/025979.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 10:17:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I second www.swfa.com
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 12:45:57 AM EDT
[#4]
definately figure out (if you havn't already) what mount you're going to use.  i bought my aimpoint at a gunshow and didn't know the mounts were $$.  the gg&g cantilever is nice but the ARMS 22m68 is cheaper and if you ever get a SIR rail or something you won't have to get rid of the other mount like i did.

if you don't know if you need the killflash or not than don't get it.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 12:50:21 AM EDT
[#5]
My vote is on Wes at [url]www.mstn.biz[/url], based on THE best customer service from THE most knowledgeable in the industry.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 10:17:01 AM EDT
[#6]
do you need a mount?  If so GGG has a special where you can order an aimpoint comp M2 plus a GGG standard mount for $440.  Definetly a steal.  i believe the cantilever package is a few dollars more.
the kill flash is not needed unless you plan on doing some "urban ops" in your neighborhood

there site is [url]www.gggaz.com[/url] and click on specials
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I second Hoplite's recommendation.  If you can, go with the package deal from GG&G.  I have their standard Aimpoint mount, and love it.  It's rock solid, and has the compartment for a spare Aimpoint battery.  Now that's a GOOD idea!!

Link Posted: 7/12/2003 10:53:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Derek,

Is that a Rare Purple Bushy I see there?

I have a couple of those rare Bushy's myself !!!    [LOL]
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 1:30:53 AM EDT
[#9]
SAVE YOURSELF FROM BUYING THINGS THAT WON'T WORK TOGETHER AND ENDING UP WITH A BUNCH OF STUFF YOU WON'T WANT LATER.  CALL WES GRANT AT MSTN.  THANK ME LATER.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top