Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2005 6:44:43 AM EDT
Are there any recommended procedures for mounting an Aimpoint in an ARMS #22M68 ring?

Ring tightening procedures?

Bore sighting procedures?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:17:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:38:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Are there any recommended procedures for mounting an Aimpoint in an ARMS #22M68 ring?

Ring tightening procedures?

Bore sighting procedures?

Thanks.

You just tighten them firmly and it would not heart to use a drop of lock tight.

Bore sighting do it at 25 or 50 yards.  If you have a bore sighting you can use that if you do not just take the upper off and the blot out, then rest the upper on something hard, look through the bore to center it on the target, adjust the sight to the center to the target, confirm that the bore and the sight is close to the same point.  This will get you on the paper.  Put it back together and take a shoot and adjust the impact.

Mike @ CSGW

www.csgunworks.com
[email protected]

Here’s some testimonials about CS GunWorks for AR15 Board
What do YOU have to say about CS GunWorks

Thanks Mike.  I remember with some of my full size scopes that how the rings were tightened played a role in getting it on paper without major windage and elevation adjustments.  I guess in this case just even tightening of the 4 ring screws is probably best, right?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top