Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/18/2006 5:42:41 AM EDT
I just bought a Bushy 97S and am going to equip it with a green laser.

I'm new to lasers so I have done some homework. The AimSHOT LS8200 (12mw-532nm) for about $400 looks interesting.

Any comments?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:51:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump. :)
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got one. Only one dislike... factory mount is useless for today's weapons systems! Due to the non-standard tube size, you have to use reducers to get it mounted properly. I went to ARMS #40 L 30mm to the ARMS 1" inserts, to a .875" poly reducer. Finally got solid mounting with QD capability. Mine is the 12mw version. It's BRIGHT. Very visible beam to target at night. Pretty good in the daytime too! Hope this helps with your purchase decision.

Almost forgot... these are not toys!!! Do not aim at anybody! Avoid reflective surfaces that will cause beam to come back into your eyes. And don't dirrect at any aircraft, trains, cars, trucks, etc. this usage falls under a terroist act nowdays so use you need to treat it as a weapon.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reply and yes it helps.

Mine will be mounted on a rail so of course I'll be ordering the rail mount. Any problem that you know of with this mount?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:54:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I have not actually handled the rail mount so I can't comment on it. I got mine when they first came out and it didn't come with the mount. The dealer I bought it from sold them seperately from the laser and the only one he had at the time was the barrel mount so I didn't get one. Also I really wanted to be able to remove it when not needed so that's how I ended up with the ARMS setup.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:12:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you much for the help.

Seems most places sell the LS8200 for about the same $400 + $14 for the rail mount. The site I've been looking at and have book marked is PopGuns so I guess tomorrow I'll ordered one.

BTW. Some good advice about being careful where you point the thing!
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top