Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/11/2018 8:58:06 AM EDT
never had one before but always wanted one so I bought a used Aimpoint M3 I have call Aimpoint and it is a real one and they said that some people see the dot as a oval or distorted because of there vision? I had 4 people look through the Aimpoint and all of them see the dot as distorted? so I am guess a big majority of people see the dot distorted? would like to take a pole to see how many people see the dot as round on there Aimpoint M3 thanks for your help
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:42:40 AM EDT
[#1]
There's several factors to this. If you have the brightness setting turned up too high indoors there will be distortion. If you focus on the dot during use and not on the target as you're supposed to with red dot sights the dot will not appear to be a perfect circle. I've never used an M3 but I've used Comp M2s, M4s, PROs and T1s and when I focus on the target like you're supposed to the dot does appear virtually undistorted.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 1:45:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Y'all have messed up eyes.  I do too. All my Aimpoints look like red bugsplats.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 8:16:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Use the camera on your phone to look through the optic and see if it looks round on the screen.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top