Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/6/2003 3:11:49 PM EDT
Has anyboby put a 1 inch ultra dot on one of these uppers and had some fun yet??
If so please do tell us of your findings.

Any pros or cons to the setup you might share ?

It seems so well made i think its !OVERKILL!
Now will some one go to the trade forums and take a look at my 10/22 that im trying to trade away. LOL

I love it so far. When i get the ultra dot in hand i will know if the !OVERKILL! was worth it or not.

FORGOT TO ADD(Till now)
I have a RRA 2 stage trigger in the lower i will be using with it...anybody use this combo as well?
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I recently purchased a DPMS .22LR complete upper in the M4 style.  I put it on a RRA lower.  I love it.  I picked up 10 mags for it as well.  I have taken it to the range a couple times and it works GREAT!  It looks just like my RRA M4gery and the only way to tell it isn't a .223 is by the magazine and the bolt.  I even put a fake suppressor on over the barrel to make it look (and sound?) like a suppressed .223.  I don't use optics on it, even though it's a flat-top receiver - I just have an AR carry handle mounted on it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 2:21:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I havent tried the RR 2 stage yet, it's next on my list.  I'm using a lower with a JP trigger and had to go to the standard hammer spring rather than the really thin yellow JP spring.  With the standard spring, the gun is 100% reliable. I really like this upper, DPMS did it right.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 4:12:40 AM EDT
[#3]
...DPMS .22LR complete upper in the M4 style...

Where did you buy this?

Thanks...
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 5:01:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I got it directly from DPMS.  [:)]

I buy stuff from them all the time.  I'll post some pics of it this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 8:01:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Does the DPMS have a Pic. rail-gas block ot a smooth-top one?  I think I want one to go on my spare lower.....seems like a lot of fun.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 8:19:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine has a normal one - just like the other M4geries.  However, since it's a dedicated .22LR upper, it doesn't have a gas tube (no need for one).
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 8:32:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine is a 1 inch thick bull barrel no gas block needed or on it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 9:26:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I forgot to ask earlier, but does the bolt-catch on the lower still work on the .22 upper?  Does the bolt have it's own side-charging handle?  I haven't been able to find any good close-up pics or descriptions, so I appreciate the info.  Thanks, TM
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 9:57:34 AM EDT
[#9]
The bolt catch doesn't work on the .22LR DPMS upper.  The charging handle still functions as normal.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 10:19:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Heya guys im having probs with my upper

it will double fire and sometimes it will extract and feed properly but the hammer doesnt cycle......
can you help me here??
im using a rra 2 stage nm trigger in my lower and the lower works perfect with all other uppers
any clues?i have a few ideas but need more input(johny 5 out)
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top