Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 4:58:42 PM EST
Do my Post-ban receivers become pre-ban in the AM (09-14-04)?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:02:17 PM EST
No, they become Ban Free
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:04:14 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:07:53 PM EST
From the ATF website:

"Q: Was the SAW ban permanent?

A: No. The law enacting the ban provided that it would expire 10 years from the date of enactment, which was September 13, 1994. Therefore, effective 12:01 a.m. on September 13, 2004, the provisions of the law will cease to apply."

Your a day late.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:14:03 PM EST
Now we need to start a grass roots effort to defeat the bans on the state levels by organizing the way we did against the federal one,we need to feep on fighting the tide has been turned but its not over yet.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:18:07 PM EST
"We're gonna let it all hang out"
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:19:46 PM EST

Originally Posted By geocon:
"We're gonna let it all hang out"

Sorry. Couldn't resist
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:34:47 PM EST
OK, I'm late.
Now that th receivers are "no-ban", will they remain that way if the ban is re-imposed?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:35:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By WSAR15:
OK, I'm late.
Now that th receivers are "no-ban", will they remain that way if the ban is re-imposed?

Only if it has a grandfather clause.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:25:55 AM EST
Funning thing is, my local news channel was bashing the end of the ban at midnight last night. They were showing a 105 lb anchor woman firing a full auto suppressed MP5. She then went on to report that these type of weapon will be availabe to anyone to purchase on Tuesday.(yeah plus 15 grand) I sent the news station an e-mail explaining the actual truth about the ban. I also informed them that the weapons they were firing were never classified by law as an AW but actually a MG.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:56:16 AM EST
I agree with model927, this fight will never really be over. Diane, Chuck, Hilliray, and all their conterparts are plotting their next move right now. As far as a new ban goes, no one has a crystal ball that can see what will happen in the future so don't worry yourself too much. I'm going to enjoy my newly liberated rifles.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:50:14 AM EST
So if they do come out with another ban and the stuff that everybody is doing to their rifle made in the post ban config could become illegal again? Has the Batf put out anything to this effect? I read the post that had the copy of the current letter from the BATF. So I know that we can buy LEO marked stuff. I mean let’s get practical. I have an Armalite A2 variant that is in the post ban configuration. Do I really need the flash hider/ bayo lug? No but I want one because for all these years they said I could not have one. I would love to build my own m4 type rifle. Collapsible stock, new (after 9/13/04) mags/ flash hider and all the goodies. But I am real leery to do this because I am afraid of buying parts to accessories my rifle and then not be able to use it on that rifle because it’s not grandfathered. The way I look at it is this, if we get anther Clinton in office and they push for another ban I can see us getting screwed even worse this time around because they will be less likely to make the same mistakes again. We will probably end up with a law very close to Cali's. I mean the last one was based off their law. Cali keeps making it worse. Sound off if you guys think I am out of my mind. I love my AR and am keeping it because I have a lot of sentimental attachment to it. But would love to build one in a (preban) config.James
Top Top