Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/4/2003 2:24:00 PM EDT
I shot my first AR when I was 18 and have wanted one ever since. I finally got my Armalite M15A2 last week and shot it Sat. I love it!!! So do my boys. I have a lot of work to do to get less than pieplate of angle accuracy with the irons but it will be fun practicing. The compact ACOG will come next. I'm buying mags off of the equipment exchange, looking for ammo, probably SA, will get an Accu Wedge for the hell of it. I need a good but not to fancy sling. Any suggestions? Other than that will probably keep plain Jane. I love looking at all of the Bling-Bling though.
Keep all of the good info coming guys. You've been a great help.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations!!  I just hope you realize that you are now going to be addicted to buying stuff for your AR. Then you'll want more AR's.

Happens every time!![8D]

Have fun!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:33:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats and get those boys to workin!  You'll need it when the fever really hits hard!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:37:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh, the fever has already hit. I check this board about 20 times a day to see what else I can buy. The boys already want to go back this weekend to shoot. They skipped right over their new .22's. They were too boring. They'll have to cut a lot of grass this summer for their own ammo. I'll post pics of them when I get them developed.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Just watch the boy's will won't there own AR's now and he will not have the money for his toys.
GOOD LUCK!       [shock]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:49:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I think you're right. The boys do need their own ARs. They already have their own Browning A-5's and Browning O/Us. I just use them a lot so they won't rust up and get stiff. My 11 year old already wants my HK and Hi-Power. Why not an AR each? I think I hear Christmas bells.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Get your boys a stripped lower and a kit to build an AR, they'll love it.  Building is so much fun, and you will only pay half as much
[<|:d>]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I check this board about 20 times a day to see what else I can buy.
View Quote

Only 20 Times a Day?

j/k,       Best Wishes

MM419
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Congrats.  I can't wait until I get one... Though it may be a while :'(
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:03:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Congratulations- I think I know how you are feeling, as I finally got my first AR15 (Colt MT6700) last month. I resisted the black rifle for twenty years, but decided that since my son - now in Kuwait with a Chinook company - has one of his own to worry about, then old dad might as well have something similar.

The only problem I can see so far is that I would probably accessorize myself into debtor's prison if the family CFO wasn't there to stop me.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:05:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Congrajewlations, BOG!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top