Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/10/2011 11:31:03 AM EDT
Im getting bored with shooting iron sights all the time and a think its about time to get an optic for my AR. Im a college student on a limited budget and i dont really want to spend a whole lot of cash on an optic. I was thinking about spending somewhere between 100 - 150 bucks. I've looked all over online and have read too many poor reviews. Is there anyone out there who could suggest a sight that is in my budget and is capable of holding decent groups at the range (most of my shooting is done between 30 - 125 yds)

Thanks a lot
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 11:35:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Take a look at primary arms and their red dots
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 12:11:53 PM EDT
[#2]
These days I hate to buy something cheap because you do in fact get what you pay for.

When I bought my Bushmaster Varminter it came with a Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x40 and it has been a very decent scope. I would prefer a Bushnell Elite 4200 or a 6500 series because they are supposedly even higher quality. If you search around you'll find that the 3200 is quite affordable and a good scope.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 12:25:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea I understand the "get what you pay for" concept 100% My hunting rifles and shotguns have quality optics on them because those shots really count . But I mainly just plink around at the range with my AR and I want a red dot/ reflex type sight that will always turn on and hit paper at around 100 yds. Trust me I would love a quality eotech or acog but my budget isn't that flexible.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 12:32:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I would have to recommend a Vortex Strikefire (red only).  It is a great optic, though i admit i had to change my Red/Green model for a red only, as the red only is  much brighter (something you need out around here).   I also admit i have the luxury of comparing to an aimpoint pro for a few weeks, and i have to say that it feels like it holds up well.  No doubt, the aimpoint is battle proven, but aside from battery life, the strikefire doesn't strike me as something that would be risky to have on a SHTF weapon..(but yes, changing batts happens when you need it the most...)
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 1:23:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Burris Fullfield II or Redfield Revolution.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:02:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Take a look at primary arms and their red dots

this is your best bet...

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Vortex SPARC is a great Aimpoint T-1 "clone." You can probably find a great deal on one in the EE.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:00:32 AM EDT
[#8]
What do you Guys think of this

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=18751
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:32:29 AM EDT
[#9]
I would much rather have a Primary arms Micro in a ADM mount
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:32:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Do all Primary arms Red dots hold a decent zero on an AR?
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:59:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Burris Fullfield II or Redfield Revolution.

OP, I'm a Burris FFII Tactical fan when not buying Nightforce or the SS HD series.

BUT, my brother is a Redfield Revolution fan man and they are very, very da-da-damn nice.

You will not be disappointed with this at $133.91:

http://www.manventureoutpost.com/products/Redfield-67090-Revolution-3%252d9x40mm-Matte-4%252dPlex.html?alpha=1
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 4:29:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Do all Primary arms Red dots hold a decent zero on an AR?

I have heard nothing but good reviews on them, there was a member posted a thread a few weeks ago that had purchased two of them and was very pleased.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:24:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Primary Arms is a great first choice for a budget optic.  Also, look at the Bushnell TRS-25 - it's been a great optic for me. Here's a review on Youtube: TRS-25 review
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top