BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2016 2:40:16 PM EDT
PT1.

Update on my AC15,

If you are unfamiliar with the issue of the FSP and the reason I had to send off my upper and barrel to Clint Hanson at Ballistic Advantage, you can read it in the Archives in the Industry section as well as the AR discussion section. Tried posting links but couldn't get them to work.

Anywho, I got the upper back from BA and as expected, flawless quality and attention to detail. I just wish it was straight from the get go and avoided all this, but it didn’t happen that way and that takes me back to AP. Now for AP, I called them with info from Clint and sent them a copy of my shipping receipt and within a couple days received a full reimbursement for my troubles, so with that, I feel that they at least made things right. Now, I hate to point the finger at a company as a whole because of a couple individuals so I want do that. Here’s what I believe is going on at AP, the issues are concentrated with the individuals entrusted to handle the QA/QC and that has bit the company in the butt on several occasions. Hopefully AP will get a handle on that and handle things accordingly.

Cont in PT2
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#1]
PT 2

Back to my update/review. While I awaited my upper and barrel to get back from BA down in FL I picked up an brand spanking new EOTech 512 from a kid for $250. When I say brand new, I mean he bought an AR that had the sight on it, walked to the counter and bought another optic and posted the 512 and I got an alert and called the kid and went and picked it up later that day, so yeah $250 for an EOTech 512. Not it’s top shelf model but she’s paid for herself. Ok, so once I got the upper back, I slapped it on and scurried out the door and headed down to the range (aka Montgomery Co shooting complex).

Here’s where things start to get what some may consider F^CKED UP, but that’s just me and I comfy with it. I rubbed a light coat of CLP (Army Issue) on the BCG and I put that lil bottle back in my bag and haven’t seen it since. This is when my torture test started. I’ve ran everything from steel case to brass to handloads to Russian sh!t to Mexican sh!t to Belgium, cheap to more than I wanted to pay, all of which were ran through all sorts of mags, from my PMags to issued crap. I’ve ran anything and everything I could get my hands on through this little rifle and it has ate it all without what I consider a serious issue. What I’ve had were a handful of failure to feeds, so I crushed the mag after emptying it and chunked another in it and kept rolling. Right now my round count is 5700+ and the groupings are as good or better than they were back when I took it to the range for the first time. I'm really liking the QPQ process used on the BA Hanson barrels. No corrosion or pitting that I can see. The bolt finish and the cool little A Logo is still holding up very well. I plan to keep increasing that round count till I have something significant happen, hoping to be spared of a medical emergency.

Cont PT3
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:42:09 PM EDT
[#2]
PT3

Now I must say this, I haven’t intentionally dumped dirt into my upper, rolled the bolt around in the sand or mud. I haven’t drug it down a road behind my pick up, or any of that craziness. I’ve just subjected it to the weather of the day. If it’s windy and dusty then that’s what it is, if’s it raining then it gets wet, etc…. I haven’t cleaned or oil the internals since the day I got the upper back, I’ve just fed it and let it eat. This helps me determine if the quality is there and whether or not it’ll get a roommate in my safe. Like I said, I’ve had the Colt (R6700 Sporter Comp HBAR) and a couple early Bushmasters when the AR market was getting hot (pre-ban) and with that and my experience I have with the USMC and Army issue Colts and FN’s, I’m comfortable saying that the AC15 will hold its own and will have a place in my safe and will be accompanied by another sooner rather than later. Now I may eat crow later on, but nothing has shown me that that will happen.

I’ve done this to my G19 that I bought a few months back, it’s still going. That my first Glock but it will not be my last. It also will be joined by a couple more in the very near future. And with the way thing are looking on the election front, we all might wanna quite been so picky and brand loyal and just start filling up every corner of the house with whatever we can get, Just saying.

Well that’s the update and overdue review for now. I do too much after work to come home and jump on here and do lots of typing, but as the time permits I’ll post up anything I have. That’s if anyone is interested in the AC15 and how it’s holding up and performing.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:35:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad you they got the issues fixed.  I had an issue with ap on a lower but it was the post office that lost it for a week not really aeros fault.  Anywho I have a complete Aero rifle I built into a Recce off their m4e1 upper and so far it has been awesome.  1.5in group with Wolf gold 1.25 on some asym 68gr otm hoping to shrink that down under 1in on Sunday.   But it will shoot Wolf black and tula also.  

I've owned 11 ARs over the years Stag s&w spikes bcm psa  and the Aero is my favorite.  It's the most accurate it just feels right.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Related more to ballistic advantage, i ordered a barrel, and canceled. They actully called me and asked why. Blew me away they took the time, and ended up with me getting the barrel i really wanted from them. Great people. They have my business
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:36:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Bro, I tell ya, when it comes to Clint and his crew at BA, I'm a customer for life. I would love nothing more than for BA to sell complete rifles. Their lowers are pretty nice looking and if they're anything like their barrels, the will be tits.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top