Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2005 2:45:49 PM EDT
Wifey wants a pink/purple/something or other AR - I've already got a black A2 stock.  Anything special or recommended for painting it?  Looking for something easy/quick to do, if possible.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#1]
use something that will wear off FAST.  When it does, apologize and tell her it wasn't meant to be!!

In all seriousness, just clean it up really good with a little dishsoap and water.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Duracoat  Lavender.

Just do the furniture and it can be swapped out very quickly if need be. I can't think of when a purple rifle is a bad thing but real men around here frown on them.

My wife love hers. She brings it out during parties (unloaded and prior to beverages of course) to show folks. She has spent more time at the range with me, and is currently working on getting her competency drill down to less the 20 seconds. She has even had her nails done to match once!

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:59:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
use something that will wear off FAST.  When it does, apologize and tell her it wasn't meant to be!!

In all seriousness, just clean it up really good with a little dishsoap and water.

thanks but it's her gun, her color scheme. ;)
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:26:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Duracoat  Lavender.

Just do the furniture and it can be swapped out very quickly if need be. I can't think of when a purple rifle is a bad thing but real men around here frown on them.

My wife love hers. She brings it out during parties (unloaded and prior to beverages of course) to show folks. She has spent more time at the range with me, and is currently working on getting her competency drill down to less the 20 seconds. She has even had her nails done to match once!

img78.echo.cx/img78/5061/picture0093sh.jpg

img78.echo.cx/img78/927/picture0086qw.jpg

Thanks - I think she wants hot pink, to match what her nail color is now.

Wimmins.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:27:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
DuraCoat is available in 7 electric colors: Cherry, Rose, Lavendar, Sherbert, Sunburst, Lime, & Everglades. Or about any color can be custom mixed from the standard colors (just send in a sample of the color you want) from Lauer her is a link to their web site:

DuraCoat

I posted a "how to" thread in this section under application of DuraCoat or Moly Resin. If you have any questions you can email me or call my contact info is on my web site:Larson Tactical Modifications

Joe Larson

That looks good - I may end up with that kit.  You have a link to your thread?  I didn't see it stickied, or I are a retard and missed it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top