Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 11:41:31 AM EDT
Hey Folks,
YES, I promise I will write a story with PIX as I get everything before I start building this STAG.

Almost complete with the Build, but I need one more part that I am not sure, I will post and post the pix when I get them all together since I just gotten my STAG Lowers from my FFL Today. Im looking to buy something cheap or resonable price.

Everything was bought on this forum, I can’t think you guys for this, it’s been a wonder three month for me to look and buy and research, but I have one missing part that I am not sure what I should do. I want to get the complete build by next week since my GF is out of town for a few days and I don’t have to spend some quality time with her during that “BUILDING TIME”

1) 2 - STAG LOWERS from Jkinser
2) Stag LPK
3) RRA houge grip ( just like that one better)
4) Stag Upper (without bolt and carrier) with Scope and ETC
5) 5 – 20 Mags

The missing part is the AR Bolt & Carrier Group, I don’t have anything and I m not too sure what I should get, I wanted to know who has the best deal on those, I am looking for something cheap and I have one in mind, but I wanted to make sure that that was the only thing. Does  $110 sound right  for the AR Bolt & Carrier Group. Let me know

Please advise this new builder, I am starting to get the itch because I bought TWO Lowers  I knew I would build another one when I’m done with my first born ….

And my GF is asking me when I will let her shoot that thing …I told her I gotta lube my baby first 
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a Young Manufacturing chromed bolt carrier / group from Model 1 Sales and it works great.  The machining on it is quality and its MP tested.  It's tons easier to clean and you dont need to wet your rifle much which prevents gunk build-up.  Whatever you do, don't get a DPMS TiN coated bolt/carrier group.  The machining is horrible on those.  And if you can, get an M16 bolt group not an AR-15.  the extra mass makes it more reliable and less recoil.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:45:13 PM EDT
[#2]

And my GF is asking me when I will let her shoot that thing …I told her I SHE'S gotta lube my baby first 

Fixed that for ya...  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:34:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been looking around for bolt & carrier groups lately too.  If you can't wait for the right deal to come along in the EE, check out Global Tactical, they have some decent deals on CMT/Stag  set-ups.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:25:56 AM EDT
[#4]
M16 bolt group ?? The person above me said that I can get that ? if so, what the difference and how will that affect the performance and cost ?

There arent many sites selling those bolt and carrier, I see some on the EE and I knew about that Global Tactical which was the site selling CMT/STAG ARMS AR15 ENHANCED BOLT CARRIER GROUP for 124

should I go for this one ? CMT ENHANCED M16 BOLT CARRIER GROUP for 129 and I shouldnt have any issues with the STAG uppers ?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:30:33 AM EDT
[#5]
CMT is the parent company of STAG. CMT for  short while made their own labeld lowers and since no one has ever heard of them (never mind the fact they have made tens of thousands of M16 parts for Colt) they kinda were not recived very well at first. The fit and finish was the best I have ever seen. Better even than my LMT stuff. By the time I discovered CMT they had already started the Stag line. I wish I had those three CMT lowers back now.
About your bolt give Del-ton a call they will get you an AR-15 bolt carrier that is high quality and exactly in your budget.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA_ALPHA
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:36:14 AM EDT
[#6]
cmt m16 bcg.

dennysguns
gandrtactical
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:48:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
cmt m16 bcg.

dennysguns
gandrtactical

+1

Just ordered my 4th one yesterday, from Denny.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:34:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Alrighty then, I will go give Del-ton a call soon but if not, I will go ahead and get the m-16 bolt and carrier group for 5 bucks extra. I surely hope that will fit into the ar15.

thanks for all of your help, I cant say much but appericate it ..
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:19:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Alrighty then, I will go give Del-ton a call soon but if not, I will go ahead and get the m-14 bolt and carrier group for 5 bucks extra. I surely hope that will fit into the ar15.

thanks for all of your help, I cant say much but appericate it ..

Make sure to run tape at the range!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:20:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought it was illegal to use an M16 bolt/carrier.

I'm a freakin' newbie here, and asking what I feel is a legitimate question.  Please let me know if I am wrong.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:53:51 PM EDT
[#11]
It is perfectly legal to put a m-16 carrier in your AR-15,You did say M-14
"get the m-14 bolt and carrier group"
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#12]
demusn1979

That was cbburke who said the M14 bolt and carrier group.  He edited his post after you quoted him.  I was just enquiring about the legality of using an M16 carrier.

I read in the legal section that there was a difference in the M16 and AR15 carrier.  I took it that it was a no-no to use the 16 carrier, so I chucked mine (bought a complete 16 upper).  Damn, now I feel stupid.  Live and learn.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:19:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Oops!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#14]
That's cool.

Now I've gotta buy another carrier.  BTW, do I need to check headspace when I do this?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:25:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Nope,not if you use the same bolt.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Good Eyes, Yes I did say M-14...

but I edit to M-16 after realized what I said.

This is what Im thinking of getting unless guys think I should go different direction or cheaper from someone on the EE board.

CMT ENHANCED M16 BOLT CARRIER GROUP (Stock# CMTM16BCG)
Linky to the Bolt and Carrier

but i will need to buy a CHARGING HANDLE, or will that be include the parts ? Im still learning and I want to get the best deal out of anything ..

Thanks guys again ...

if you have a better site where i can buy all those for cheaper, let me know or others know on this thread so we can learn ...

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#17]
CMT ENHANCED M16 BOLT CARRIER GROUP (Stock# CMTM16BCG)

That will do nicely.

And yes you need a C/H.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top