Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2004 4:57:51 PM EDT
I have a "pre-ban" Colt, blue label.  Of course I bought the gun about 3 years ago when nobody could imagine the AWB going away.  This rifle has the A2 upper on it.  I never really liked, prefer the flat tops, but I wanted the gun so I could put any configuration pre-ban upper on it.   This rifle has the A2 flash suppressor but no bayoney lug.  It's a 20" gun.  

Anyway, I want to put a RRA A4 flatop receiver on it.  I also want to switch out the FSB to one that has the lug.  Will I have any problems putting the Colt barrel in the RRA upper receiver?  I just want to make sure everything will fit together before I buy a bunch of parts.  I have already ordered all the tools I need, receiver block, barrel wrench etc....  Thanks for any info.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it a large front takedown pin type?

Danny
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#2]
No, small hole.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:24:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No, small hole.

The sky should be your limit, my Blue Label as well as my Green Label has always required adapters for the small pin uppers. Which all worked, I just had to be careful not to force them together without giving some attention to working the front adapter pin a bit.

RRA did work for me. I just put a Colt barrel on a LMT upper, worked fine if that helps any.

Danny
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:44:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top