Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/18/2004 7:50:26 AM EST
I bought a post-ban A2 Bushy (14.5 +Mini-y) a while back...Well I've been bitten by the bug and would like a no-ban AR with all the evil features and A3 upper. The plan has been to gather pieces and build a brand new AR with all the evil features and then turn to Bushy into 20 incher (more of the M16 than M4 look)....However I'm starting to wonder if I should just turn my Bushy into the no-ban and sell the upper, it will be cheaper, however I will only have one AR. Any suggestions?

BTW I still need a stripped lower, handguards, barrel, and bolt carrier group...basically the expensive stuff for the new one if I stick with that route.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:19:10 AM EST
You could sell the upper and get a new one ($100-150), change out the stock for a collapsing one($50-200) remove that stupid y-comp and get a FH ($5-50), and I think you'd be set. Wait, I guess you'd be missing a bayo lug. I think the front sight base can be removed and replaced with one that has a lug on the bottom, though I could be wrong. That would be cheaper than creating a whole new AR AND converting the old carbine to an m16 type gun.

Conversion to M16 would require essentially a whole barrel assembly, and depending on the stock you have on that carbine, a new buttstock. It'd probably run you about $200.

And of course, if you build an AR, you save a lot of money. Parts kits from Model 1 Sales are pretty nice and go well with any number of stripped lowers. I am under the impression that a model 1 carbine upper kit goes for about $420, then all you would need is the lower and maybe a stock.

So you can get 2 new weapons for roughly the price of one if you want to trick out your old carbine and build a new gun. I would try Model 1 Sales or J&T for build kits. Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:25:27 AM EST
Thanks! After a lot of thinking I've decided I'm gonna take my time and get two ARs. I'm afraid if Kerry gets elected we might get a new AWB so I definetly want to leave my options for the future open. These are tough decisions to make, but definetly fun to think about !
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:42:20 AM EST

..........we might get a new AWB .....

I don't think it is might, I think it is when. A few extra lowers is going to look pretty good in a few years.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:20:34 AM EST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..........we might get a new AWB .....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think it is might, I think it is when. A few extra lowers is going to look pretty good in a few years.

This is very true....I might order a few lowers instead of one.
Top Top