Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/8/2018 11:48:48 PM EDT
I've been debating what to do on a new shorty I built. Have a MRO on it currently but its a loaner from another rifle. Debating two wildly different options - either the new NF NX8 or a Vortex UH-1. Originally I was going to go holo with an eotech but then all hell broke loose with them and my confidence in them is shaken. Then I got all in on the NF but recently held one and really didn't like the tight eye box. So now looking back on holo at Vortex. When the huey was announced it was all full of hype and anticipation, but I scarcely see much in the way of feedback now that they are widely available. Not even a thread in the Vortex forum.

Anyway, just confused here on what to do. Obvious purpose of the rifle is short range, doubt I shoot it beyond 100 yards so I suppose a 1-8 might be overkill? I suppose alternatively I can build another upper for my registered lower and have both

Link Posted: 6/9/2018 1:43:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a 10.3 w/ an MRO and a SDN-6. My concern with the variable NF and Vortex options, you are going to end up with a HEAVY rifle. Those are not lightweight optics. Especially after you put a weapon light on, it's going to be a beast.

I'd stick with a smaller red dot, because with a 50yd zero, you are easily good out to 200yds holding on target, with minimal holdover adjustments.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 1:54:35 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 on the red dots or non-magnified optics on a SBR. I mostly shoot mine at 100 yards or less. If SHTF I suspect it would be even closer. I run a 50/200 meter zero in my pistols and SBR's and it perfect IMO for where I'd expect to engage targets. Dots are pretty easy to hold over if you need to go beyond 200 meters. I like the way you have it set up now!
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 2:02:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I’d use the MRO.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 10:48:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Love my TA31 with rmr on my 10.3 DD setup. More so than my comp m2 Colt 10.3 lol. But both are awesome.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top