Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/29/2004 5:09:53 PM EDT
I noticed the RRA upper I purchased is not chrome lined. What is the pros and cons of this?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Chrome lined barrels have a longer life, and are easier to clean.  You don't have to worry about the inside of your barrel rusting.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:17:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I clean my guns religiously. So as long as I keep it clean I am ok?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:41:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Just get the chrome lined barrel and then you'll never have to worry about whether you have the better barrel or not. Most times it's like $45-50 so it's a no brainer. Now if someone wanted to sell you a complete AR at a really good price but it didn't have the chrome barrel than that's a different story.

I understand all of your question because I just decided to build my own recently and I kept wondering if I could do it cheaper, but then I said "fuck it", build the rifle you actually want, it doesn't cost much more really.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:51:14 PM EDT
[#4]
What I ordered from ADCO was the a4 RRA upper. Says it is chrome-moly 1:9 barrel. Maybe it is chrome lined? I have looked up so many different uppers recently that I thought it said NOT availiable with a chromed lined barrel. I am not sure to be honest. I hate asking so many dumbass questions but I guess thats how you learn. Since I don't know any AR guys in person and noone around here has a clue about them,

Heres a link to the one I ordered

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR0625X&storeid=1&image=ucara2cm.gif&CFID=4716155&CFTOKEN=32587594&jsessionid=06302f73a628$DB$5E$B

Main reason I have had so much trouble picking one out because this is my xmas present. Limit was set at 400$. I just did A LOT of work on my camaro and drained any funds I had. So I don't have any boot to add to it. Soon as I get paid I will probably order a stripped lower.

I want a good rifle but I know I am not/can't afford the best. All I want is a A4 with an ACE stock and a t168 scope. I am not looking for anything crazy.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:57:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the ADCO CAR type uppers are only chrome moly, not chrome lined, but if you go to "build your own M4 upper" on ADCO's site then there is an option for chrome lining. It may only be available on M4 uppers. I was considering a M4 upper from ADCO, but I think I'll be going with CMMG.

Your questions aren't dumb, shit 2 months ago I didn't know shit about AR's escept that I wanted one. I've been almost living on this site since and have picked up a lot already. Doing searches, asking question, whatever. In fact some of the same basic thing you're asking. Where here to help, but you already knew that.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not going crazy either, My complete M4 build is only going to cost less than $750 total. I don't see a reason for a scope or anything right now, maybe down the road. For now I just want a good quality M4 style AR.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#7]
This gun is going to be a plinker. And it would be the gun I pick up if someone breaks in my house. Right now my MAK90 is taking that position. But its more dangerous. Damn 7.62x39 will pentrate so much. Crazy that it will out penetrate a .223. I also want to get one just in case a certain someone gets elected. I do not think he will be able to do an all out ban or anything but maybe another AWB style ban will happen who knows.

Well I am going back out to finish this damn camaro....just have to reinstall the sway bar, brakes, spindles, and wheel bearings........fun stuff.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:08:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a Mak90 as well, and a Maadi too, so you can see why I need an AR so bad.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:44:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I know it isn't much more practical than my AK...besides killing coyote and such...but DAMNIT  I need one!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top