Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2005 7:33:01 AM EDT
Sorry if its a dumb question but I am in the market for a red dot sight for my Colt SP1. I will probably use a cantilever handle mount and was wondering since it will be mounted over the handguard (futher from the shooters eye) if one design was more advantageous then the other?
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:13:04 AM EDT
[#1]
When I went optic shopping I had an Aimpoint and EOTech side by side to compare to one another. I chose the EOTech because I liked the field of view. The Aimpoint to me seemed like looking down a tube, and FOV was impaired.

Just my .000002 cents!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:07:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I having the same dilema with myself right now, whether I should get the red dot or the EOTeck.  Did a bit of research and I am going to go with the EOTech.  QUIB is right in saying that your FOV is impared because it def is with the red dot scopes.  Whats nice with the EO is that you are able to keep both eyes open and utalize the sights and not minimize your periferal vision.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 2:49:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm so torn, I'm still looking for either an Eo-Point, or an Aim-tech . . .  
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:37:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I also prefer the Eotech for the field of view, and less visual obstructions.

Lots of people feel differently.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I having the same dilema with myself right now, whether I should get the red dot or the EOTeck.  Did a bit of research and I am going to go with the EOTech.  QUIB is right in saying that your FOV is impared because it def is with the red dot scopes.  Whats nice with the EO is that you are able to keep both eyes open and utalize the sights and not minimize your periferal vision.  [/quote

I think you are supposed to keep both of your eyes open with either the Aimpoint or the EOTech.  I know I do for CQB type distances, but sometimes close one eye when shooting at 100+ yards or when I first sight in the optic.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#6]

I think you are supposed to keep both of your eyes open with either the Aimpoint or the EOTech.

Correct.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#7]
i like my aimpoint

there is a tacked thread at the top with an endless discussion about the two
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:55:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Sorry if its a dumb question but I am in the market for a red dot sight for my Colt SP1. I will probably use a cantilever handle mount and was wondering since it will be mounted over the handguard (futher from the shooters eye) if one design was more advantageous then the other?

They do have advantages over each other.  BUt in a canilever mount, unless you have the EOTech all the way forward, I think you'll find the Aimpoint easier to operate (on/off/dim).
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top