Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/31/2006 10:34:57 AM EDT
Hey Everyone, brand new here, but I'm the owner of an Advanced Armaments lower receiver marked M-15, Lingleville Texas. I've tried to find the company and I guess they are out of business. I've also searched and posted on some other sites looking for anyone who might have one they want to get rid of or know where one is. Anyone here have any information?

I understand some people claim the aluminum quality is not as good as some of the others (Bushmaster, DPMS) but I like the style and design of the lower. I have two DPMS lowers I'd be willing to trade or I'm interested in purchasing outright if possible.

Thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:43:20 AM EDT
I probably should have included this in the first posting, but anyone who does own one or has owned one, have you ever had problems with it? The only problem I've had with mine is the finish is coming off so I'm looking into refinishing it. I'd like to go with a nice olive drab if anyone has recommendations on companies who do that sort of thing.

The gun originally came with a 20" HBAR on it, now I've got a 16" RRA upper on it with the short handguards.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:39:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2006 5:42:30 AM EDT by lt557]
Are you refering to the suppressor people?

EDIT: I noted that an Advanced Armament lower markings are missing on this thread

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=223495

Can you hook us up?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:03:23 PM EDT
No, I've looked and it doesn't seem to be the same people as the suppressor people. I don't think the company is in business anymore. I'm just trying to find anyone who might still have one sitting in their workshop or in the back of their safe or something. The receiver appears to have been a solid casting or milled from a block of aluminum. The trigger guard is integral to the lower receiver instead of being a pinned in part. This eliminates the gap between the trigger guard and the hand-grip.

I love mine, I'm just trying to find another to replace a DPMS lower I have now also. But I'm also interested in anything anyone else might have done with theirs...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:04:34 PM EDT
Sorry, forgot about the markings. I'll try to get a pic set up and out, but there isn't any rollmark the only thing on the lower receiver is just the words

ADVANCED ARMAMENTS INC.
LINGLEVILLE, TX
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:47:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CA_TX-Cop:
Sorry, forgot about the markings. I'll try to get a pic set up and out, but there isn't any rollmark the only thing on the lower receiver is just the words

ADVANCED ARMAMENTS INC.
LINGLEVILLE, TX

So how about the pic to fill the blank space in the lower marking thread?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:22:35 AM EDT
I have lived in Stephenville, Texas,(which is about 10 miles from Lingleville, Texas) for the last 16 years. There was a company in Lingleville many years ago called Leatherwood Industries that made both semi and full auto mac-10 guns. From what I understand the company went out of business many years ago. I have never heard anyone talk about them selling ar-15 lower receivers, but it is possible, there is not much in Lingleville, only one gas station. I believe they went out of business in the late 80's or early 90's.
Top Top