Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2013 5:35:39 PM EDT
I've got a set of the older C4 diopters that have the notch aperture. I can't figure out how to adjust the elevation on the rear one. Granted I don't have the $50 special tool but I've compressed the locks with a pair of snap ring pliers then nothing. Does anyone have experience with these?
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 4:53:32 AM EDT
[#1]
My experience is with the HK sights, but if you can't turn the drum with the lock tabs retracted then the drum is seized.  Squirt a little wd-40 in there and see if that frees it up.  IMO the $50 tool is a waste of money.  I use a $10 pair of needle-nose pliers (modified by narrowing the tips with a file) that works much better.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:58:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Drop Monty an email, he's a good guy and will offer help.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:03:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My experience is with the HK sights, but if you can't turn the drum with the lock tabs retracted then the drum is seized.  Squirt a little wd-40 in there and see if that frees it up.  IMO the $50 tool is a waste of money.  I use a $10 pair of needle-nose pliers (modified by narrowing the tips with a file) that works much better.

Ding Ding! I lightly heated the drum and oiled the threads and it broke loose. All is well now. Thanks!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top