Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/7/2003 10:55:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/7/2003 10:56:15 PM EDT by BoB-O]
...how is it that adjustable shorty stocks (as seen on www.fulton-armory.com/GEN_II.htm#GuardianRifles) are still legal, while a normal telestock isn't?

BoB
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 2:14:28 AM EDT
I don't know but I really want to know! I posted the same question here and in the Legal forum and haven't gotten a cut and dry answer. I'm going to watch this thread to see if any more wisdom comes forth.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 3:14:58 AM EDT
Read adjustable, instead of collapsible. Tap dancing with the wording of the AWB. Sort of like Flash Suppresor v Muzzle Break.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 7:08:50 AM EDT
Yes, but say I took a normal telestock and made it just "adjustable"...would that be OK? There are several options: 1) Use some sort of set screw. Something you need to loosen with a tool before "collapsing". This could be separate from the normal release mechanism. Alternatively, it could be like the current fixed telestock where the screw for the release lever actually fits into a hole on the buffer tube. 2) Use a screw which drives a mechanism that moves the stock. This way, it's "adjustable". Another alternative is to get the AFT approval for this device, then prove that all the reasons for approval apply to a telestock. Then, we just use normal telestocks. BoB
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 7:19:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By BoB-O: ...how is it that adjustable shorty stocks (as seen on [url]http://www.fulton-armory.com/GEN_II.htm#GuardianRifles[/url]) are still legal, while a normal telestock isn't? BoB
View Quote
Two reasons: The law bans telescoping and folding stocks - this does neither. Reason #2 [b]THE STOCK ISN'T ADJUSTABLE[/b] its the buttplate that is adjustable. The stock is fixed - heck you can remove the buttplate and still use the stock.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 3:06:09 PM EDT
So if we made a stock that *looked* like a telestock where just the buttplate adjusted it would be allowed? Man, these laws are more rediculous than I thought. BoB
Top Top