Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/27/2006 2:56:04 PM EDT
Hi all.  I'm building up a AR now, and I have a DPMS stock.  The stock has quite a bit of play in it, and I wanted to see what peoples opinions are on the
Vletor and Magpull stocks.  Same time of play ?  Any you would reccomend ?  

I figure I would ask the helpful crew here before I drop $200

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:13:26 PM EDT
[#1]
save your money. remove the stock from the tube and wrap in an old T-shirt. place the stock in a vise and tighten gently until snug. use a blow dryer or heat gun on the stock until warm. then, tighten vise slowly a 1/4 to 1/2 turn. let stock sit overnight and then install. the stock will take the new shape and be snug. enjoy.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:03:25 AM EDT
[#2]
i recently put a magpul on my rifle,and it is very tight and dos'ent rattle at all.i especially like the fact that i can lock it into posistion just my 0.2-fed
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:12:19 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 on the blowdryer trick.  I've done five that way and it really works.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:12:04 AM EDT
[#4]
If you want the best get the LMT SOPMOD stock.  No play and ithas the best cheekweld out of any of the AR stocks bar none.  There is no better collapseable stock out there.

Now if you want a adjustable precision stock the Magpul PRS is the best out there.  But this stock does not collapse.  This stock is great when you are using large scopes that need higher rings to mount properly.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:12:07 AM EDT
[#5]
+1 on the heat gun trick except on mine, i just pushed the soft plastic in with a rounded dowl rod in one spot on the top of the stock where there already is a hole on mine and kept pressure on dowl rod until plastic cooled ( about 1 minute ) the reinstalled. Made a nice tight fit.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top