Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 3/19/2013 9:36:22 PM EDT
Has anyone added accessory rails to their ff tube. I have a QD sling stud on the bottom that I want to reserve for my Harris bipod and was thinking about adding short rails to the sides on the front end to mount a QD swivel socket on one side, and possibly an illuminator light on the other for night hunting. Good or bad idea, give me your thoughts.
Thanks,
TC
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 1:06:24 AM EDT
I did on mine. I just used a few small pieces of polymer rail I had laying around from Magpul VFGs. Works pretty well with the provided mounting screws and backings.

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 9:04:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Digitalpunk:
I did on mine. I just used a few small pieces of polymer rail I had laying around from Magpul VFGs. Works pretty well with the provided mounting screws and backings.

Thanks for the reply, any chance you have any pics of them installed? I thought about going with the Magpul ones, but figured if I am going to put the QD swivel socket on one side, I would rather have aluminum ones as the rifle is pretty heavy. I got them from BlackRifleTactical on EBay and they actually come with three rails, two short and one longer with backing nuts and two sets of screws. I am going to mill a groove lengthwise on the back sides so that sit solid on the tube and not rock.
Thanks
TC
Top Top