Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 1:43:45 PM EDT
Ok folks

We all know that KAC had a 870 shotty that could mount underneath a AR15, and of course the M203 as well.  

Would it be possible to have a piece made to mount a handgun instead, say a gun with a tac rail like a glock to mount to a 1913 under rail?  

Kinda a crazy idea but i wonder if it would work?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:50:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Why?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:56:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Why?

+1, thats like mounting a knife under your, uh, knife. Yeah.

Seriously though. If Shit has indeed hit the fan to the extent where I need a seperate firearm mounted under my AR,  I would rather have a completely seperate firearm.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:58:09 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a mount out there that will let you mount a G17 under the barrel of an AR15.  Does it work? YES.  Is it necessary?  HELL NO.  I can't find the pic right now, but you do have to realize that this would essentially add a stock to the Glock, making an SBR.  But, foregoing all of that, who the hell wants to carry around a 10-12 pound Glock?  Going prone would prove rather difficult with the AR nd I'd just as soon carry my sidearm anywhere else than on my longarm.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why?

+1, thats like mounting a knife under your, uh, knife. Yeah.

Seriously though. If Shit has indeed hit the fan to the extent where I need a seperate firearm mounted under my AR,  I would rather have a completely seperate firearm.

Yea.  I don't see the point.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:03:48 PM EDT
[#5]
So it would look like this?

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:20:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I was thinking more of the lines of the a mount that connected to the tac rail and had a release to allow it to pivot to the right to allow your left hand to chamber the gun just like the HK's new M203 replacement.  

I guess for the right time, it would be useful, if you ran out of primary ammo, and rather than switching to a sidearm in a holster, this is right there to fire, and can still be quickly removed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:29:07 PM EDT
[#7]

I am laughing so hard about this set-up !!!I think I just shit my pants !!!!

OK - this is one of those items they sell to people who know - no better. This "adapter" sells for $319.00 from Mako and has to be one of the most stupid set ups I have ever seen on an Ar15.

Absolute Crap -------
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#8]
More thrusts per squeeze!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:58:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.makosecurity.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/UTA2full3.jpg

OK - this is one of those items they sell to people who know - no better. This "adapter" sells for $319.00 from Mako and has to be one of the most stupid set ups I have ever seen on an Ar15.

Absolute Crap -------

Im not a newbie,but I damn sure aint a Vet, and that made me laugh my balls off. Does it come with a free set of Ginsu steak knives?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:37:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Holy shit that place makes some funny stuff!

Are ya sure they're not a subsidiary of Birdman Sight Systems?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Holy shit that place makes some funny stuff!

www.makosecurity.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/WB2full2.jpg

Are ya sure they're not a subsidiary of Birdman Sight Systems?

I see the laser and light, but what is all that other shit?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#12]
glassbreaker
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:58:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I think it was on 40mm.com where I saw a dealy that you put in a M203 that had 9 .22's that would fire at once when you fired the 203...

I don't see the purpose but...
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:17:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't know if it's still available, but Paladin Press used to sell a book called AR-15 Super Systems (by Duncan Long) that suggested ways to mount all kinds of things under an AR. It shows a 10-22 mount, an AR-7, a couple of pistols, it mentions a Mini 14 ( ) and it shows one of those full-auto freon-powered BB guns mounted under an AR, and it describes how to do it.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Seeing the suppressor on the piston is at least some reason why you would want to do that.  I would think that if you had a weaver/picatinny scope mount on the pistol you could make some kind of adaptor to connect the two.  

But if you have a 4" barreled firearm with a stock isn't that now an NFA SBR? Being 2 in one is that an NFA AOW?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#16]
While this is a great idea, are there any options for a dolly with a gun mount.   I mean you could just rig up a series of strings and pulleys and fire them all at once.  Plus the dolly would allow for great manueverability and less fatigue for the shooter.  Just a thought.\

Seriously though look at the potential and it comes in OD Green
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Hahahahahahhah Hahahahahah "breath" Ahahahhahah Ha.....

lol
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:04:31 PM EDT
[#18]
The glock is for the baby zombies....
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:13:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Ok folks

We all know that KAC had a 870 shotty that could mount underneath a AR15, and of course the M203 as well.  

Would it be possible to have a piece made to mount a handgun instead, say a gun with a tac rail like a glock to mount to a 1913 under rail?  

Kinda a crazy idea but i wonder if it would work?

Hell, I want a switchblade bayonet hanging off the end of my AR - I'll be triple EVIL !
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:22:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Hmm I wanna hang an airsoft gun off my AR! Ok there is a reason for a 203, and there is even a reason for a shotgun(taking out doors), but another firearm i.e. handgun.....for what? If you are on empty, there should be someone there to cover you for reload unless you are going at it Rambo style which going to a handgun under the ar will be awkward and probally not going to be accurate anyways. I dunno but if I'm low or get a jam Ide rather transition to a sidearm than a fixed handgun in an awkward setup.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#21]
A lot of things might work, but are completely useless - and this ranks right up there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:29:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
So it would look like this?

www.tdi-arms.com/images/large.php?id=252&num=3

I need some ROLADES  and a botle of pepto

Hanna
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:03:29 AM EDT
[#23]
I don't think anyone makes a "mount" that can take the place of learning and practicing effective transitions.  

Well in a way they do, it's called a good tac sling.

That mounts to your AR, kinda near where the 203 would mount and allows you to release and transition to your sidearm in an effective manner.

-- anyway not really trying to be a jerk or anything... I just don't see the point to attaching a handgun to your AR.

You could use some inner tube bands to strap a Derringer to it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:01:22 PM EDT
[#24]
I think I'll just keep the 203 that Uncle Same issued me.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:07:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Seeing the suppressor on the piston is at least some reason why you would want to do that.  I would think that if you had a weaver/picatinny scope mount on the pistol you could make some kind of adaptor to connect the two.  

But if you have a 4" barreled firearm with a stock isn't that now an NFA SBR? Being 2 in one is that an NFA AOW?

It's a fake can, permanently attached, to extent the barrel length to 16". Therefore, making it 100% legal. Stupid, but legal.

At least that would be the only legal way to do it without paperwork. the AR barrel appears to be 14.5, so that may very well be a real can.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:49:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Specifications

IUTA (Universal Tactical Attachment) is a user installed, tactical force multiplier: It enables a trooper armed with a long firearm (assault rifle, shotgun or SMG) and a Glock pistol to mount the pistol under the long firearm, thereby creating a unified, tactically enhanced, dual weapon system.
The long firearm should be fitted with a standard Picatinny rail and the slide cover plate of the pistol should be replaced. This minor modification will not affect the functionality of the pistol in any way.

MAIN FEATURES:
Attaches a pistol to any long firearm (assault rifle, shotgun and SMG) for a unified, tactically enhanced, dual weapon system.
Quick connecting, user installed.
Ergonomically designed & user-friendly.
Robust & lightweight.
Requires only minor modification to the pistol.
Attaches to a standard Picatinny rail.
Suitable for thr Glock 19 and Glock 17 pistols - Can be modified for use with other pistols.

OPERATIONAL TACTICAL APPLICATIONS

PRIMARY WEAPON LONG FIREARM:
When the primary weapon in use is the long firearm, the trooper may switch to using the Glock pistol mounted under it immediately if the long firearm malfunctions or when it has run out of ammo and there is no time for a reload/magazine change.

PRIMARY WEAPON GLOCK PISTOL:
In silent/covert operations, when the primary weapon in use is the Glock pistol, the trooper may use the pistol with a silencer and switch to using the long firearm at any moment (for example, when it is no longer operationally necessary to maintain silence or when a long firearm or automatic fire are required).

ahahahhaa
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:59:54 PM EDT
[#28]
I want to see the holster for that Glock...JK
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:52:07 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Absolute Crap -------

IMHO: The guy looks like Ernest P. Worrell (Jim Varney) which makes it even funnier!!!

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top