Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2012 5:08:29 PM EDT
Has anybody here heard of Addax Tactical or dealt with them in the past?  I have been having a heck of a time finding a BCG for my current build and I came across this tonight.  Chromed semi auto BCG for $120.  Being that they are so hard to come by I picked one up to see if they are any good.  The good news is that I got a tracking number within an hour of placing my order.  Seems like people on Calguns have pretty good experiences with them.

Here is a link to the product...
Chrome BCG
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:49:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one of their uppers a couple years ago and it's been absolutely rock solid.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Brownells has Daniel Defense and Fail Zero BCGs in stock. They also have a few other brands in stock as well.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Brownells has Daniel Defense and Fail Zero BCGs in stock. They also have a few other brands in stock as well.

The Fail Zero was more than I was looking to pay and the DD was out of stock when I checked.  I am sure they get some periodically.  I thought $120 for a chrome BCG was a good deal so I figured I would give it a try.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 6:08:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Let us know how it works out with the Addax.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Will do.  It will be at least until after Christmas until I get this thing together.  The BCG is actually a Christmas present from my wife that allowed me to pick it out since she knew I needed it and they are hard to come by.  She knew she would never be able to figure out what the hell to get me!

When I can look it over I will let you all know.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 11:56:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Anybody else?
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 1:37:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Let's just say I've delt with Addax and it wasn't good.

YMMV

BTW, BCGs are not that hard to find.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 3:34:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

YMMV

Can you elaborate or PM me?  Was it bad parts or bad service?
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 4:25:21 PM EDT
[#9]
core15 has bcg's in stock
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 7:03:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
core15 has bcg's in stock

Only the nickle boron.  No standard in stock.  Didn't want to spend more than the standard and I found the Addax which is chromed for the same price.  I really like my current chrome BCG.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:48:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

YMMV

Tell us what the problem was please. It doesn't do anyone any good to just simply say your experience wasn't good and not explain what happened...
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 4:42:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV

Tell us what the problem was please. It doesn't do anyone any good to just simply say your experience wasn't good and not explain what happened...

I'd also like to know. The CS was great when I was ordering and they were always prompt with returning my calls. The upper and components were all top notch as well.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 5:01:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Purchased a ZK carbine piston setup 1 year ago. Works perfect . Excellent quality. Would buy again if it weren't an 8 month wait to get it
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Got it today!  Super fast shipping from Ca to Pa.  Took it apart and inspected it and all looks good.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 11:45:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Got it today!  Super fast shipping from Ca to Pa.  Took it apart and inspected it and all looks good.

Please run it hard and get back to us. I'm working on a build I have yet to start and am in need of a quality BCG that's not a super steroid-ed out nickel boron what the hell ever for $250+... I'm not knocking a nickel boron, I would love to have one actually. But its the principal of it, I ain't paying that damn much for a BCG...
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 12:18:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought one of their GPU uppers in 08. It's been great so far and never had an issue.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please run it hard and get back to us. I'm working on a build I have yet to start and am in need of a quality BCG that's not a super steroid-ed out nickel boron what the hell ever for $250+... I'm not knocking a nickel boron, I would love to have one actually. But its the principal of it, I ain't paying that damn much for a BCG...

I agree.  Thats why I went with this.  Its Semi Auto but it is Chrome lined for only $120.  My build won't be done until after Christmas though.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top