Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/31/2005 6:32:51 PM EDT
I ordered 2000 rounds of ammo from AIM. 1000 rounds of ss109 and 1000 of Adcom m855.

The M855 is boxed in 20 round boxes and marked ADCOM manufacturing Ltd. Several rounds in each box are dented some quite large. I have not fired any yet I am still waiting on my new RRA to get in.

Are these rounds safe to fire. They are supose to be 62 grain steel core. I paid $170 pluss shipping. I new it was surpluss but did not expect ammo with so many defects. I have only went through a few boxes but it seems a good 35-45% are dented.he
Any help would be good. Are theese dangerous to fire?

Thanks for your help
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:12:01 PM EDT
[#1]
see this:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=253108

I've personally ordered 3000 rounds.

I ordered 1000 after reading the reviews in that thread about it, knowing the issues people had with it were blown primers, and at that time they seemed to be somewhat infrequent.

First 1000 went through without a hitch. About 10 signifigantly dented rounds I decided not to fire.

I ordered 2000 more and started getting blown primers, and got enough to the point where I probably won't order it again. The brass otherwise looks good and I've only had a few that were dented, and one that I wouldn't fire.

Some suggested the blown primers may be due to weapons themselves, but I fired all of mine out of the same gun... so I can't believe the weapon is the issue, it just seems to be hit or miss whether or not you get a good batch or not.

Ben

Quoted:
I ordered 2000 rounds of ammo from AIM. 1000 rounds of ss109 and 1000 of Adcom m855.

The M855 is boxed in 20 round boxes and marked ADCOM manufacturing Ltd. Several rounds in each box are dented some quite large. I have not fired any yet I am still waiting on my new RRA to get in.

Are these rounds safe to fire. They are supose to be 62 grain steel core. I paid $170 pluss shipping. I new it was surpluss but did not expect ammo with so many defects. I have only went through a few boxes but it seems a good 35-45% are dented.

The SS109 I also ordered bulk packed seem to be alot better.

Any help would be good. Are theese dangerous to fire?

Thanks for your help

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#2]
New guy checking into the net!

I recently took posession of 1000 rounds of ADCOM M855 from AIM.  Based on the earlier thread, I told them the deal was good if the "date of pack" was 2000 or newer -- no 1999.  The stuff I received is 2000.  I've examined a significant sample size and find no dents, split necks, or primer problems.  It looks great to me!  I just came back from the range.  The stuff shoots fine.  No backed out primers, squibs, signs of overpressure, etc.  Shoots to point of aim for M855.  I kind of like the stuff!

(new Bushmaster, 20" barrel).  Incidently, I fired a couple of mags at a 25 m target to get a battle sight zero.  IT WAS ALREADY THERE!  Thanks, Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:39:08 AM EDT
[#3]
that's reassuring.  I just bought some adcom and started to worry due to all the posts here.  How do you find out the production date or stamp date.  The packages i have don't have a lot no printed on the front of the box but there is a stamp in the lid of the box.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:06:26 PM EDT
[#4]

The year of production is included in the production code on the box but the year of manufacture is also stamped on the case rim (99,00,01,02,03, etc.)
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top