Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2016 6:36:22 PM EDT
I removed the gas block and reinstalled it when changing the rail.  When I test fired it would not fire.  The round is chambering just fine and the lower receiver seems to be working properly.  I think it has something to do with the gas system but I'm not sure what it could be since it looked like I put everything back together the same way it was.  I really had to bang on the pins in the gas block to remove it but I read that that's normal.   Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 6:03:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the advice and video.  I pulled the gas block off and reinstalled it again but still not operating properly.   A couple times I was able to fire a single shot but that's all.  So frustrating
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 7:38:19 PM EDT
[#4]
General rule of trouble-shooting anything: start with the basics.

Is the gas piston in the "on" position? (button at 1:30 viewed from the front)  Try it at 12:00 (full open).  

If that isn't it, field strip everything on the upper and test fit each part individually into its place, if it has a spring try it without then with the spring.

Then go to larger assemblies, such as bolt carrier (stripped), barrel and upper assy, operating rod and piston (no spring)  can you push the carrier back by hand?

Go step by step in a logical manner.

Link Posted: 1/16/2016 7:40:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:...make sure that the barrel extension did not rotate in the upper receiver barrel socket when you tightened the barrel nut....
View Quote

If the barrel nut was torqued, or re-torqued, is it still aligned properly?
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 8:59:06 AM EDT
[#6]
There is nothing in the gas system that will keep an AR from firing, except maybe a misaligned gas tube keeping the carrier from going into battery.

But since it is Adam Arms, I am assuming you are referring to a piston system.  It sounds like you re-installed something incorrectly, and it is preventing the BCG from seating all the way.  It may be something as subtle as not leaving the gap between the gas block and the barrel journal, if that is how it was built.  It doesn't take much rotation of the bolt for it to be out of battery.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:01:10 AM EDT
[#7]
It has the gap still.  The gas block was pinned from factory and pins went back in same place.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 2:21:24 AM EDT
[#8]
There is something else going on here.  the gas block would not prevent a cocked hammer from firing.  Did anything else happen?  Look at the BCG and fire control group, not the gas block.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top