Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2012 7:32:21 PM EDT
How much "fine tuning" did you do or have you done to the adams arms system itself(excluding buffers, buffer springs, roller cam pin)?

I made sure to space the piston from the gas block and, insured alignment of the gas block, op rod and, barrel nut. I also took time to confirm my op rod was striking the bolt squarely after everything was aligned. Took me longer than 30 minutes... I only had about 300 rounds down range before I had to send my rail back to the manufacture but, the gun has functioned perfectly so far.

What extra has anyone else done; how long did install take?
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 8:09:57 PM EDT
you covered the 2 most important checks, the op rod gap and the alignment of the gas block. Some extra checks i made was to make sure the new carrier moves freely inside my upper receiver and into the buffer tube smoothly.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 9:53:40 PM EDT
Fine tuning? None.

I made sure that the gas block was aligned properly, but that was it. Everything else aligned OK.

The install took me about 10 minutes. I have shot 920 rounds without issue.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 10:08:20 PM EDT
One thing I did for my pistol install was use a allen wrench just smaller than the gas hole on the barrel to make sure the block and gas hole are aligned before I tightened down the block. of course the ole eye ball alignment, but when I put the rail on small tweaking with the block.

Top Top