Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2010 2:53:31 PM EDT
Can somebody snap a couple pics of the underside of their AA bolt carrier for me?  I need a pic of the bottom edge right in front of the skis.  I thought these kits and uppers all came with FA bolt carriers and it appears that I got a semi-auto carrier.

TIA!
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:11:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Okay.  I'm home now and have taken a couple pictures of the area in question.  This sure looks like a semi-auto carrier to me.  I didn't know Adams Arms made any semi-auto carriers...

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:56:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's a pretty good picture I found on gunstroker.  Mine's a semi-auto.  Note the lack of the auto sear trip on the bottom of my carrier.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Melvin, mine has meat like the other one.  It appears you have the semi BCG.  Sorry
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Melvin, mine has meat like the other one.  It appears you have the semi BCG.  Sorry

Want to trade?  I'll let you pay shipping!

Seriously I thought all the Adams stuff shipped with full-auto carriers.  I'm going to have to call them in the AM and get this straightened out.  I called them this morning to ask about the possibility of getting a semi-auto carrier and I was told that these all ship with FA carriers...
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:45:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously I thought all the Adams stuff shipped with full-auto carriers.  I'm going to have to call them in the AM and get this straightened out.  I called them this morning to ask about the possibility of getting a semi-auto carrier and I was told that these all ship with FA carriers...

Melvin:

Could you explain what the difference between the two is functionally?  Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 9:02:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Melvin:

Could you explain what the difference between the two is functionally?  Thanks!!!

For us semi-auto shooters.

Weight and the shrouded firing pin.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 9:06:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just popped the top on my PDW upper and it's got a FA carrier... whew.  Hadn't looked at that on arrival... I pretty much just *assume* any gun of decent build these days is going to have a FA carrier.

What did Adam's say when you called to ask about getting a proper FA carrier rather than the SA you have?  I wonder if it was an early build or what....
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 9:51:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I talked to Jim at Adams again this morning and I'm going to send the upper back in to have the carrier replaced.  While the upper's in the shop, I'm also going to have the DD rail replaced with the extended Samson rail.  Jim is on top of this and says he'll make sure the upper is tested on full-auto to make sure everything's running smoothly before the upper is returned.

Just to clarify; it's my understanding after talking to Jim that all these do ship with FA carriers.  Adams does make a semi-auto carrier for one of their vendors but that's an exclusive item for that one vendor.  Somehow one of these carriers got put into the PDW upper.

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd bet you cash $$ that the semi carrier goes to the PRK.

And thanks for the kind offer.  
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top