Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2005 2:31:49 PM EDT
I am going to replace a barrel for the first time.  And I have several questions
Any recomendations on which action clamp I should buy?  
Where might be the best place to purchase one,  or any one have a used one?
Also does any one know if the one from Brownells works on a flat top?
And any advise for a newbie at this?
thank you,   Brian

Bushy
Brownells
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b116/brianm767/om-003.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b116/brianm767/Img403.gif
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:39:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the one pictured from Brownells and it has worked well on every AR upper I have thrown at it.

A1, A2 and flattops.

Danny
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:39:49 PM EDT
[#2]
That is fine, you might want to check on the price though. other places have them far cheaper, look around.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know why the bushy picture didnt show up? (I'm new to this)  oh well I think the Bushy one is about 40 bucks and Bravo Co, has the other three piece set for 45 and the clamp with the insert for 35 bucks.  I like the ideal of having that insert in the receiver.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:14:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I got the 2-piece from Bravo Co. (I didn't want the lower magwell block) for $35. It has Model 1 sales on it, but worked really well. I was pleased with it.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:24:05 PM EDT
[#5]
The Mag Well block (where ever you get it) is worth every penny if you assemble the amount of lowers that I have.

It frees up both hands for me.

Build a lower in <20 minutes. YMMV.

Danny
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:48:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks,  I think I'll go with the three piece kit from Bravo Co. the Bushy part is 38.95 and the Bravo kit is 45.00, so for six bucks  extra I'll get the magwell block , who knows maybe I'll need it some day or  maybe I'll trade it off? I live in THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF KALIFORNIA , so I doubt if I'll be building up any lowers?  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top