Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/16/2003 7:46:05 AM EDT
I have an action block for clamping a standard A3 or A2 into a vise, but it won't fit my DPMS hi-rider upper. Do they even make a block for this upper? How would I tighten the barrel down without it? Just pad it really well and clamp it down? THANKS
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:03:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe the [url=http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/gunsmith/om-003.asp]Bushmaster Action Block[/url] will work on a high-rise upper.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:08:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Great, now what to do with my other block which is basically brand new!)(*&^%$#@
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:12:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I've seen in the Shotgun News that DPMS has something called The Claw.  It's not on their website but you have to call it in.  It looks like a block which you can mate your upper to their lower to do barrell work.  

What it looks like is a block of plastic that you put in a vise.  It's got the proper pivot pin and take down pin to hold your upper in place for you to do work.  It runs about $40 bucks.

Hope this helps, I might get one too myself.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:44:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Great, now what to do with my other block which is basically brand new!)(*&^%$#@
View Quote

Next time you should ask here before you buy.  [:P]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 12:08:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually, this is my first Hi-rider upper, I had an A3 I am parting out that it works perfect for. Could always sell the other one, but it cannot hurt to have 2.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top