Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 2:31:40 PM EDT
I keep trying to talk myself out of an Acog, but cant seem to do it. So, does anyone have one on a flattop while still using Iron sights, if this is possible id like to see it, thank you.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:50:56 PM EDT
[#1]

A 4x ACOG or an ACOG reflex?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:54:26 PM EDT
[#2]
You cant have an ACOG mounted to your flat top and still use iron, unless you defeat the whole purpose and use a detachable carry handle.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're worried about the front sight blocking you view, don't.  If you just look at the reticle you won't even notice it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:22:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you're worried about the front sight blocking you view, don't.  If you just look at the reticle you won't even notice it.

That is what I was curious about, thank you phobia.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Just don't put a night sight on your front sight post, at night an eerie green will show up on the bottom, more noticeable than the front sight on the bottom of the sight pic during the day.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:40:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Just don't put a night sight on your front sight post, at night an eerie green will show up on the bottom, more noticeable than the front sight on the bottom of the sight pic during the day.

I hate those goddamn night sigts. They were so worthless I got an Aipoint and never looked back.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:30:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is what I was curious about, thank you phobia.

Sorry.  I thought you were one of those dip shits that come along every now and then and ask if they can "cowittness" their irons while using a 4x scope
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:49:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Really?  I put the front post from a used trijicon set in my upper just to see what it would look like, and i could't see a bit of it.  It was weird.  You could move your head over to the side and see it just fine.  Even when I pulled my head back all the way to try and see it, I could not.  Never did understand it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:11:24 AM EDT
[#9]
bump
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top