Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2004 4:59:26 PM EDT
I want a TA-44, on a TA-60, I think. Cross hairs I like but are slowest. Triangle is 9.2 moa, and the dot is 6.9 moa. Dot or triangle can be quick up close, no doubt, but what about 'partial' targets at greater distance.  Reduced view of the target. Hmmm, difficult choice to make without comparing in hand. Any thoughts on this?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:11:06 PM EDT
[#1]
If you get the triangle you zero with the top of the triangle. It still covers quite a bit of the target though. I ahve only used the crosshair, FWIW. And the dot on an Aimpoint/EOTech.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:28:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Best two choices are Donut and Chevron (TA11F/31F).

I, and others, have shot 1/2MOA groups with the donut.  

The problematic range for the reticle obscuring the target would be:

120-200 yards: 1" targets
350-350 yards: 3-5" targets
From 400 on out, they'll be identical.

As long as you can compose a sight picture with objects larger than those, it won't be a problem.

I actually have more of a problem with windage-holdoff, since there are no useful references in the reticle.

-z
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:30:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, get an eyes transplant from a hawk or eagle, they have sharp eyes and don't need optics
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Zak, he means compact ACOG, I guess they have a much larger reticle.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:37:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Zak, he means compact ACOG, I guess they have a much larger reticle.

Woops.  I saw ACOG and I got all frothy.

-z
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:42:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Zak's info helps these numbers into perspective, thanks but those reticles do not count in compacts.   I may still shy from this idea and order a Leupold with a circle dot.  The Acog is still a strong attraction though with quality and zero weight issue in a magnified 1.5 [x16]  or 2x with decient eye relief, exit pupil and fov. Too bad the chevron is not an option here, that I would like to try [buy].  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top